Chapter: 66

"Xichen please.. we're not discussing everything again." She sighed tiredly as she sat down. 

"A-(Y/n) do you understand? It's alright if you don't attend the conference!" Lan Xichen was exasperated. He was trying to change her mind but she wouldn't budge.

"A-Huan ...look it's been almost two months since I've visited Qinghe. I've heard from Huaisang... Mingjue-Ge's health is not getting any better." She looked at him pointedly.

"Guangyao has been coming here has he not? He's been doing his best to learn. He helps so you don't have to go.. please." He sighed and sat in front of her holding her hands, "For our child's sake..."

"Xichen, please... Just this once." She asked him softly, freeing her hands and cupping his face. "I just want to make sure Da-Ge is alright."

He sighed and pulled her hands down from his face before standing up. "Fine. I'll be in the library if you need me."

"Xi--" He walked out before she could even finish saying his name. She sighed softly and stood, going out. She was heading out to the main garden when she spotted Jin Guangyao.

"Ah! Madame Lan." He smiled as she was near and greeted her. She returned the greeting with a smile. "How have you been?" He asked with a soft smile, and she smiled.

"I've been well. How about your wife? And A-Song?" She asked and Guangyao nodded. "They are well."

"Ah. I just remembered... She sent a gift for you as she heard of the news." He held out a small box to her.

(Y/n) gently took the intricate box from him. The wood was painted white and had golden designs all over it. She smiled. "That was so kind of her... Thank you." She said softly and he only smiled.

"Is Er-Ge busy?" He asked and she shook her head, "He is in the library. Probably waiting for you..." She chuckled. "You can go ahead." She smiled and he nodded,

"I will... Please take care of yourself." He smiled his usual dimpled smile and began to walk to the library.

"... I'll try my best to keep you safe this time..." He whispered under his breath as he turned the corner to go to the library.

Wei (Y/n) opened the box and inside was a beautiful jade hairpin with matching bracelets. The design was simple and delicate with small peonies decorating the hairpin. She smiled as she brushed her finger over it and closed the box.

"How thoughtful of her... She put so much effort into a simple gift.." she smiled as she went back to her room to place it safely.

She had no idea it was someone else who had put that much effort into finding the perfect gift for her. She wrote a letter thanking her for the gift and went to the Library to give it to Guangyao.

Once there she smiled as she heard her husband play the Qin. She entered and quietly waited for them to finish.

"Husband... Lianfeng-Zun." She greeted softly with a smile, Lan Xichen purposely avoided her eyes as she gave the letter to his Junior brother.

"Please give it to Lady Jin...I would go--" "No... Lanling is too far." Xichen cut her off and she raised her eyebrow.

"I was going to say I would visit but I cannot...?" She said and Guangyao Chuckled, "Of Course, I will... Why don't you join us?" He asked and she nodded taking a seat next to her husband.

Guangyao's smile faltered for a bit he composed himself quickly.

"Would you be attending the conference in Qinghe?" He asked and both of them nodded, "We will be.." Lan Xichen sighed as he answered.

"... Isn't it better if Madame Lan doesn't?" Guangyao asked with a faltering smile as he fisted his robes under the table.

"I said that but A-(Y/n) insisted to visit." "It's not that I'm taking part in the fights or something. I just want to make sure Da-Ge is well." She said softly placing a hand on Xichen's fisted hand.

"Sister should take care... It is better if you don't go." Guangyao tried, he knew she would end up going anyways. He could try. try and stop her from walking in Qinghe.

"Not you too..." She sighed and shook her head.

"We only want the best for you." He smiled with closed eyes and she laughed lightly.

"I know. I trust both of you do. But my visit to Qinghe is important. " She smiled and stood, "I'll have tea prepared and send it here..."

Jun Guangyao could only watch her leave before turning to his brother. "We should continue.."

"Are you feeling well?" Lan Xichen asked softly and she held his hands, gently rubbing the back of his hands with her thumb.

"I took the medicine remember? And it's only for a few days.." she assured. Lan Xichen still tried to make her change her decision but today they had to leave and she was packed and ready to go.

"My dear husband... please don't worry... Your wife isn't that fragile." She smiled and cupped his face, he sighed leaning down and capturing her lips in a sweet kiss.

"How can I ever not worry?" He whispered as he pulled back. "Come..let's say goodbyes to Xin'er and A-Fen." She smiled gently holding his hand and leading him to where the children were.

---

"Xichen-Ge, Jie." Huaisang smiled as he greeted them both with a bright smile. "I almost was convinced you weren't going to visit Jie." He chuckled and she laughed too. "Well, I had to persuade your Xichen-Ge for letting me come." She said as they walked and Lan Xichen smiled a little.

"To be completely fair... you did not listen and insisted you come." He said and Huaisang laughed at their light banter. "Ge is in the main hall." He told them. "He would've visited Gusu but he was occupied by this conference..."

"Ah!! How forgetful.." He sighed and lightly hit his forehead with his fan. "Congratulations Jie, Xichen-Ge." He smiled and the female chuckled. "Huaisang...you were the first one to send me a letter and gifts.."

"Well, now I've congratulated you both face to face." He grinned as he motioned them to the main hall door. "Why don't you head inside? I'll go have your room ready." He smiled and bowed lightly leaving them alone

"Mingjue-Ge." "Da-Ge.." (Y/n) smiled and both of them greeted the male as they entered. The said Sect Leader stood and strode to them with a frown.

"Why are you here in this condition?" He asked raising his eyebrow and she sighed. "Ge.." "Xichen's presence was enough. You didn't have to come." He furrowed his eyebrows. "I said the same but she didn't listen." Lan Xichen smiled teasingly at his wife and Mingjue let out a sigh.

"That's very reckless of you A-(Y/n).." Mingjue sighed and motioned them to sit. "You must be tired from the journey." Mingjue motioned the maids to bring some tea for them both.

He took his seat and the female spoke up softly, "I was getting worried for Mingjue-Ge and so I wanted to make sure everything was okay." She said and Mingjue nodded with a sigh.

"I was doing well... You were so worried that you arrived earlier than everyone else." He joked with a laugh and both of them laughed too.

"Let's have some tea as we talk.." Mingjue smiled.