1

TAYYIB

I wiped the beads of sweat off my forehead before dismounting trigger. I ran a hand through his mane, "You're getting old. I should let you rest more." 

He neighs as if he understood a word I had uttered. A stable hand grabs the reins and pulls trigger towards his stable.

"Blowing off steam?" A familiar voice asks from behind. I turn to face Yasir, and I'm immediately met with a mocking smile.

I exhale and pull off my helmet. "If I wanted to blow off steam, I would be in a boxing ring. Trigger needed some exercise," I respond. We walk over to the car park while he talks my ears off.

"Does Laila know you still ride your motorcycle?" I ask, observing the riding gloves he is wearing.

He looks at me aghast, "Don't ruin my marriage, please." I smirk at the panic in his voice.

"I hope you're heading home from here. Mama is waiting for you," he says as I unlock the car. 

"The only thing she talks about these days is your relationship status. Frankly, we're all tired of hearing about it. Be a good brother and save us."

"I am a good brother. I'm buying Owais and Junaid time," I reply, getting into the vehicle. I move to close the door, but he holds it open.

"Marriage isn't necessarily a bad thing. Meet the girl, at least. Mama doesn't vouch for just anyone," he pleads.

I sigh and throw my head back into the seat. "I'll think about it," I respond, hoping to end the conversation.

He runs to the other side and gets into the driver's seat, "I'll have someone pick up the motorcycle later. I'm not risking anything." I nod and start the car.

I bring up the topic of work during the drive, but Yasir quickly shuts it down, saying the weekend was supposed to be work free. 

Soon we arrive home and alight from the car. I walk toward the main house whilst Yasir walks towards his house, most likely to check on his wife.

I hear Mama's voice in the distance and head for the secondary living room. She's sitting on a loveseat with her phone pressed to her ear and an intrigued expression.

 Sa'ad is sitting on the couch with his wife Amna pressed to him, and Manal is on the floor.

"Ina wuni, ya Tayyib?" Amna says.

"Lafiya. How are you and the baby?" I respond.

"Fine, Alhamdulillah," she answers, patting her bump, and I nod.

I sit on the vacant couch and pull out my phone. "Ya Tayyib, Ina wuni?" Manal says, her voice barely a whisper. She was still shy and only spoke openly with her husband or Mama.

"Lafiya. Where's Rayan?" I ask.

"He went out with friends, but he should be back soon," she responded.

Sa'ad moves and plops down beside me. He hands me his phone to show me a girl's picture. I raise a brow and turn to him, "Don't you have a wife?"

Amna's head whips up, and she stares at him. He smacks my arm before moving back to his seat. He shows her the picture, and she breathes a sigh of relief.

"I was just showing you your potential bride," he says.

I glare at my twin and focus back on my phone.

"What do you think?" He asks.

"Nothing. I can't remember what she looks like," I retort.

"I'll show you again," he replies.