47

Hey! Exam season almost killed me, but I made it out. I hope you missed me.

Pray for Gaza, Yemen, Congo, and Sudan.

TAYYIB

I stared at the captivating beauty I was lucky enough to call my wife as she moved across the room, getting ready for lunch. She hummed the song playing on her laptop, picking up clothing options.

My phone buzzed in my pocket, and I reluctantly looked away from her. I pulled it out and glared at the screen in annoyance before pressing it to my ear. "Tell me something good or else," I warn into the phone.

Nadira whips her head towards me and stares in shock. "You're such a meanie," she mouths, and I smile.

"It has all been sorted, sir. I've located the correct file and took it to the executives in time. They will review the contract today, and hopefully, it will be signed by tomorrow," the voice on the other end says.

"Alright," I respond and end the call.

Nadira struts over to me with a nervous smile. "Was that.." she trails off once I raise my eyebrow.

I stand and cup her cheeks. "Why are you so beautiful? Are you sure you're human?" I ask, and she turns crimson.

She buries her head in my chest and squeals. "Of course," she muffles.

I hum with mock uncertainty. I pull at her cheeks and stare into her eyes. "You're hundred per cent sure you're not an angel?"

She laughs and shakes her head. "All human," she replies, getting on her tippy toes and kissing my cheek.

"Ready to go?" I ask.

"Almost," she replies, pulling away and returning to her box. She pulls out her jewellery box and hands it over to me.

I eyeball the contents before picking out some diamond and pearl stud earrings for her. I slip them onto her ears, and she smiles. "Okay, now we can go," she says, putting the box away.

I grab her hand and lead her out of the room. "What are we doing?

"We're having lunch on a yacht," I reply. "But if you don't want to, we can always stay on land," I add, recalling her mild fear of large bodies of water.

She shakes her head. "No.. I'll be fine as long as you're there."

I kiss her forehead and drag her out of the hotel. We get in the car and drive to the dock, where the yacht awaits. "Ready?" I ask as we reach.

She gives me a slight nod. I take her hand and steady her as she climbs in, then follow her. "All good?" I ask, holding her waist.

"Yes. It isn't as scary as I imagined," she answers.

We walk over to the table, where the crew greets us. I pull out a chair for her, and she sits. I sit opposite her, and she smiles.

"We'll be back with lunch soon," one crew member says. We thank them, and they disappear.

"This is beautiful," she comments, gazing into the ocean.