14

NADIRA

"Come on," I said, tugging Tayyib into the Bulgari store.

I squealed and grinned at him as we stepped in.

"Welcome to Bulgari. Is there anything I can help you with today?" An attendant asks.

"Yes. I want to get a few bracelets and rings, please," I beam.

He nods and leads me to a display. "Anything specific?" he asks.

"No. I'd like to see different styles," I respond, looking around the beautiful store.

He ushers us to a sitting area, then leaves to pull out a few pieces. He shows me a few, but I need more bling.

"I want more diamonds," I say, glancing at an unbothered Tayyib typing away on his phone.

The attendant leaves and returns with another set of pieces. I try on a white gold Serpenti bracelet with diamonds and sapphires.

"What do you think?" I ask, waving my arm in front of Tayyib's face.

He grabs my arm softly and analyses the bracelet before shaking his head. "I don't like the snake head."

I groan and take it off.

"Try this," the attendant says, handing me another white gold and diamond bracelet.

I show it to Tayyib, and he nods. "I'll take it," I say to the attendant with a smile.

We go through more pieces, and I end up with four bracelets and seven rings. I smile as they package them while Tayyib does the paperwork and pays for it.

"Anywhere else you want to go?" He asks as we leave the store.

"Of course," I chime.

By the time I was tired of shopping, we had almost gone into every store on Bond Street. I got three new Oran sandals at Hermès, two new ballet flats and a bag at Chanel, a varsity jacket at LV and some clothes at Dior. It was safe to say I had the absolute best time.

Tayyib hadn't complained, only encouraged me to buy more things. He had gotten a few things for himself then I had helped him get gifts for everyone.

He walks ahead of me, his coat swaying softly as he does, carrying most of the bags. His outfit was exactly what I had expected: a dark turtle neck tucked into dark dress pants paired with Chelsea boots and a coat. As simple as it was, he looked dashing.

"Do you want to have dinner?" he asks as we return to the car, and I nod eagerly.

"Would you like me to cook for you?" he adds. I grin and nod my head wordlessly, and he smiles.

We arrived back at the car, and he helped the driver pile the bags into the trunk before instructing him to head home. It came as no surprise that he owned a house here as we walked into the home.

The open floor plan allowed you to see the top half of the house. The decor is likened to that of a log cabin. Intimate and cosy despite its large size.

"Your house is gorgeous," I tell him, admiring the room.

"Thank you," he responds, taking my jacket and scarf.