52

TAYYIB

My wife had a talent for pissing me off. It was as if she had taken a class. My heart was a few pumps away from jumping out of my chest. I didn't know whether to cry or beat my brothers into a pulp.

My chest ached with worry as every second passed by while my blood simultaneously flooded with anger. How could she be so reckless, and why the hell did my brothers help her?

Her plan was coming to fruition. I was just as impressed as I was angry. She was treating this like a game and even asking for food. Right now, I'm driving to her parent's house to throw off the fucker that's on my tail while the army men we enlisted get Nadira out safely and arrest our uncle.

I took note of him five minutes into the drive. He wasn't as skilled as our uncle thought. I grabbed my phone and called the head of our security team.

"Do you have eyes on him?" I ask the moment he picks up.

"Yes, sir. The car ahead will cut him off the moment you take the right turn ahead," he explains.

"Alright. Thank you," I reply and end the call.

I took the turn and watched through my mirror as a large sub cornered him. The men hopped out and rushed over to his car. They pulled him out and snatched the phone in his hand, then smashed it into pieces.

I waited till they had him in their car before turning around and heading to Nadira's location, driving as fast as I could. Usually, it would take over an hour and a half to get there, but at the speed I was going, I made it in less.

I parked near my brothers' cars and hopped out. "Is she out?" I ask frantically.

"They just heard her signal, so she should be soon," Junaid responds.

"Just calm down and pray," Zayn says, wrapping hands around my shoulders. I pace around the road hectically, waiting for any sign of her.

One of the soldiers runs over, clutching his walkie-talkie. "We've got her. They're heading here now," he says, and I release a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Alhamdulillah," I mutter.

"Wow, I really thought we were done for," Junaid says, hugging Owais.

"You and me both, brother," Owais replies.

I walk over to them and grab them by the shoulders. "Trust me when I say this isn't the end for you. Just wait till we get home," I say with a smile, and they both grimace.

They run over to Rayan and hug him desperately. "Please help us," they beg, and he laughs.

"Nope. I've got bigger fish to fry," he replies. They jump from brother to brother, and I watch in amusement as they all reject their pleas.

I look down at my watch and groan. "How long is it going to take?"

"The girl is hungry; she can't run that fast," Sa'ad jokes, and I glare at him.

"Did you bring the food?" Yasir asks, and I nod.

"I would have gotten here earlier, but Mama insisted on making her pasta," I reply. My brothers laugh, and I look down at my watch again. "I'm going in there," I tell them.

Zayn shakes his head and points, "No need. Here she comes," he says.

I squint and catch a glimpse of five running figures. They come into view, and my racing heart finally drops. "Tayyib!" She squeals, running into my arms.

I pick her up and hug her tightly. "Are you hurt?" I ask, scanning every inch of her body.

She shakes her head and smiles. "Nope. I came out the same way I came in. The only difference is I'm not holding a duffel bag filled with money," she jokes.