26

PRAY FOR GAZA.

PRAY FOR AFGHANISTAN.

PRAY FOR YEMEN.

PRAY FOR SYRIA.

PRAY FOR CONGO.

PRAY FOR NIGERIA.

NADIRA

I couldn't wrap my head around what Tayyib was doing to me. It wasn't very comforting, to say the least. All I wanted was to be tucked into his side. Every second apart was pure agony. The week he had taken off work did not help my case. It only fueled my attachment. And now that he was back to work, I was slowly losing my mind.

"Aunty Naddy, do you have chocolate in your house?" Nabil asks as we walk out of the main house hand in hand.

"I do. But your mom said you're not allowed to have any," I reply, and he frowns.

He lets go of my hand and pouts, "But Mama isn't here," he complains.

"Yes, but I still won't go against her," I say, trying to reason with the five-year-old.

We kept walking, and I paused when I spotted either Zayn or Yasir. Whichever one it was, he was dressed in a suit, so I assumed he was going to their office.

"Nabil, who's that?" I asked, pointing towards the twin.

He looks before turning to me, "That's Uncle Daddy."

I crouch down to his level and take his hands. "I think Uncle Junaid has candy, and if you ask nicely, he might give you some," I tell him.

He grins widely and yells, "ok". He runs off in the direction of Junaid's house, and I rush to meet Zayn.

"Ya Zayn," I call out as he's getting into his car. He pauses and whips his head in my direction.

"Nadira, how are you?" He asks.

"Fine, Alhamdulillah," I respond. "Are you going to the office?"

"Yes. But I'm dropping Kausar and the kids off at her parents," he replies.

"Can I come with you? I need to talk to Tayyib," I say.

"Of course," he responds, just as Kausar and the kids exit their house.

The kids run over to the car excitedly. "Aunty Naddy, are you coming to Kaka's house too?" Aliya asks.

"No. I'm going somewhere else," I answer.

"To the office? Kausar inquires and I nod.

She gives me a cheeky grin, and I blush. "It's not what you think," I lie.

"Of course it isn't," she responds.

She enters the front seat, and I get into the back with the kids. We drop them off at Kausar's parents, and I move to the front seat.

Soon, we arrived at the office. "Tayyib's office is on the 5th floor. Just go down the hall. Once you get there, you'll see a large double door," Zayn says.

"Thank you," I respond and head to the elevator. Once I get off, and follow the signage to the CEO's office. As Zayn said, I noticed a large double door and headed towards it.

"Excuse me," a female voice says from behind before I push the door open.

I turn around to see a petite woman dressed in corporate wear. "Yes?"