54

NADIRA

As I walked alongside Amna, Owais and Junaid, I couldn't help but feel a sense of unease. They laughed heartily while I was still reeling from what had happened during my driving class earlier that day.

During the class, I had been unfortunate enough to crash Tayyib's Range Rover and completely bust his right tail light in the process. The worst part was that the incident had apparently been quite comedic, with everyone present, including the instructor, all finding it hilarious.

"Pack it up. It wasn't that funny," I hiss at the loons beside me. Upon hearing my admonitions, they laugh even harder.

"You have to admit, Naddy, it was pretty funny," Junaid replies.

I huff and push the door to my house open with great force. "For the last time, I did not see the pole!"

They snicker lowly, and I hiss. I stomped into the living room and frowned at Tayyib, who was standing by the couch. "What's wrong?" He asks, holding his arms open for me.

"These losers keep laughing at me!" I reply, running into his arms. He pats my head softly and squeezes me gently.

I lift my head and glare accusingly at my tormentors. Amna and Junaid make funny faces while Owais laughs again and sticks his tongue out at me. I point at him and look at Tayyib. "See! They're still doing it!"

"Do you want to lose your head?" Tayyib asks him.

Owais stifles his laugh. "She crashed your car," he says to Tayyib, and all three laugh again.

"She's my wife. She can do whatever she wants with my property," Tayyib responds, still patting my back. I smile triumphantly and stick my tongue out at them. "Are you okay?" he asks with a concerned expression, his eyes raking over my body for any signs of harm. I nod, and his features soften.

Amna smiles and walks towards the door. "I'm going to go find my husband. I can't stand this," she sighs. I giggle and wave her off.

Tayyib lifts a brow at Junaid and Owais, "And you two?"

They lift their hands in surrender. "Relax, we're going," Junaid replies, and they head out.

Once they're out of sight, Tayyib pulls me over to the settee. He sits and places me on his lap. "I'm sorry about your car," I say sheepishly.

"There is nothing to be sorry about. Accidents happen," he says, cupping my cheeks. "Besides, I was thinking of getting a new one."

"Can I get one?" I ask excitedly.

He smiles at me. "You can get however many you want."

I cheese at him and kiss his cheek. "Really?"

"Really."

Feeling safe and secure in his embrace, I let myself relax and sink into his chest, listening to his steady heartbeat. It was a moment of pure contentment, and I felt grateful for this simple pleasure. Being in his arms felt magical. I felt safe, protected and loved. It felt right. It felt like home.

I looked up at him and admired his features. I used my index finger to trace his jawline, and he shifted a bit. "Are you ticklish?"