33

Do you all like the new cover? I keep changing it because I'm indecisive about what looks best. Please tell me if it fits the story. Thank you.

NADIRA

A warm hand rested on my shoulder as I took off my accessories, and I frowned. Tayyib leaned down and pressed a kiss to my cheek. "Are you still mad at me?" He asks. I roll my eyes and stay quiet. He pokes my cheek and kisses me again. "I'm sorry, baby. I won't trick you again," he pleads.

I remain quiet, and he sighs. He moves and scoops me off the stool and into his arms. "Put me down," I demand. He ignores me and walks over to the bed. Gently, he puts me down, and I pout.

He smirks, then leans down and begins tickling me. I burst into laughter while desperately trying to swat his hands away. "Forgive me, and I'll stop," he says.

"No!" I yell, still laughing.

He intensifies his attack, and I shriek with laughter. "Okay, okay, I forgive you," I yell out, and he finally stops.

I sit up, clutching my stomach and wiping the tears from my eyes. "That was so unfair," I whine.

He shrugs and smiles. "All is fair in love and war," he says.

"Who said that?" I ask.

"John Lyly," he replies, and I hum.

"Why do you know that?" I question, getting up from the bed.

"For situations like this," he answers, and I make a face.

"You're weird," I reply, taking off my clothes. "Did I tell you that you look good in light blue? You should wear light colours more often."

He plops down on an armchair and crosses his arms. "Enjoy it while it lasts. It's not happening again after this," he says, and I giggle.

"Come on, please," I beg, climbing into his lap and making a sad face. He shakes his head as his arms encircle my waist. 

He grazes his fingers over my bra strap, and I shiver from the contact. I had been so tired when we arrived home, but now my entire body had awakened. I leaned and pecked his lips. 

"That's not a kiss, Nadira," he says, and I smile cheekily. 

"I don't remember owing you one," I say. 

"Is that so?" he asks, working his right hand into my hair. Giving me no time to respond, he gently pulls my head forward and kisses me senselessly- my hands gripping the cotton material of his kaftan. 

He shifts his attention to my neck, and I let out a low moan. I feel him smile against my neck before kissing my jaw softly. "Let's pray and go to sleep," he says, pulling away. 

"Why?" I ask, pouting. 

He smiles and cups my cheeks. "I know you're tired. And besides, you need your legs for tomorrow," he responds.

I scoff. "You sure are cocky," I state, and he smirks. 

He lifts me off him and stands. "Go make wudhu," he instructs. 

I cross my arms and glare. He turns me so I'm facing the bathroom door before delivering a sharp smack to my ass. "Go." I shriek from the sting and whip my body around to meet him with a deadly glare. "Do you want another one?" he asks, raising a brow, and I bolt into the bathroom. 

_

During breakfast the following day, Mama instructed that we visit Tayyib's dad's side of the family. He and his brothers objected immediately, sparking a heated argument between them and her. They sent the kids out of the room whilst the girls and I stared at each other awkwardly. As expected, she won, and we got into the cars shortly after.