Chapter 115 - Knotted

The next two weeks had been absolutely filled with tasks to do. Convincing Natasha that her hair wasn't too short and looked nice after Eleanor accidentally chopped off a lot more than intended was the biggest one. The second big task was convincing Nat to let her dye her hair, which was a trying situation as Natasha's trust in Eleanor's hairdressing skills had reached entirely zero. Just as Eleanor was about to put the first bit of the blonde dye in Nat's hair she was startled by her wife clearing her throat and glaring at her in the mirror. "If you make it yellow I swear I will annul our marriage".

Eleanor let out an anxious chuckle, "We've been married for three years, I don't think you can annul that". The eyebrow raise that she had received signalling 'try me' shut her up pretty quick as she rapidly nodded with a gulp, terrified for her life as she did the first strain of hair. But, even after all of the stress and lack of confidence radiating from Natasha, her hair went blonde as planned, and not a Pikachu colour accidentally. So, all was well.

After all that stress, as well as the stress of taking down the Red Room, Eleanor hoped for some quiet time. Some quality time with Natasha, just living life again as much as they could do whilst on the run. Since the fight at the airport, they got about an hour of free time, watching Moonraker and eating, right before the generator crapped out. So, she thought that they deserved some quiet time.

On the shitty, moth-eaten sofa in their motel room, Eleanor looked at Natasha with a dopey look, glad to finally have some alone time. However, Nat was on her laptop, paying her no attention. So, Eleanor leaned in to kiss her on the cheek, hoping to get her attention. She leaned forward, eyes closed just as Nat hastily stood from the sofa, laptop in hands, turning around when she heard a surprised squeak from Eleanor as she faceplanted the other side of the couch after losing balance as Nat's face wasn't there.

Eleanor huffed and looked up at Nat who was frowning, confused before she shook it away, "Pack a bag, we're going to Ohio".

Eleanor's heart dropped, she had been really looking forward to some downtime. She watched with a small pout as she sat up and dusted her clothes off thanks to the high amount of it that puffed out of the sofa when she fell onto it, seeing Natasha pulling their duffels out from under the bed. "I thought we were gonna get to chill?".

Natasha looked up with a stressed look, that suddenly went soft at seeing Eleanor look like a kicked puppy, "I know, but I just decrypted an e-mail from Steve, he needs help getting everyone else out of the raft, and Mason is in America right now, so he's arranging some transport to get us back to the states before he gives us another vehicle, probably a shitty helicopter again".

Eleanor's nose scrunched up as she rested her chin on the back of the sofa, staring at Nat over by the bed. That helicopter for Russia was god awful. "But do we have to go now?", she pouted again, hoping to get some sympathy points, and she had to hold back a smile when it worked.

Natasha paused and let out a gentle sigh, she had also wanted to at least spend a nice weekend with her wife before having to go back to running and saving the world, but there was nothing she could do. They had to be at Mason's transport within a couple of hours otherwise they were completely screwed and would have to try and reverse the way that they got to Norway in the first place, which was truly a tedious journey.

Then Natasha smirked as she kicked the duffel bags back under, "If we're quick... we could do a bit more than chilling before we go". Like clockwork Eleanor's eyes lit up as she scrambled over the back of the sofa, thudding to the ground with a small yelp. This wasn't something she allowed herself to get affected by though, these were desperate times, so she immediately got up and clumsily moved over to Nat who was pursing her lips to keep herself from laughing, trying to stay in the mood.