Chapter 24 - Gaining Altitude

In almost no time at all, the group were landing on the helicarrier. At the time of landing, it looked like a regular grade military ship, so the Captain looked rather in his element, making Eleanor smirk at the shock he would receive soon. 

Eleanor was looking forward to getting off of the jet and seeing her girlfriend. It also meant that she could start personally getting involved in the hunt for Loki and the Tesseract. 

Once the jet was fully powered off, Coulson, Steve, and Eleanor all walked off, the latter looked around and quickly spotted Nat walking toward them, she was presumably ordered to aid in introducing Steve and Bruce to the helicarrier. 

They were both relieved to see each other, the last couple of days had been worrying for the pair with everything that had been going on, especially as they had been kept separate, so it was nice to see each other in good health.

Eleanor walked forward with large strides and met her in the middle, being engulfed in a hug soon after. "Hey you", Nat whispered whilst rubbing her back with one hand, the other holding her tightly, almost worried that she would disappear if she let go. 

"Hi", Eleanor giggled before pulling away smiling, rubbing Nat's arms up and down in reassurance. They then both turned their attention to Steve and Coulson who were looking in their direction. Nat gestured to them with her head, signalling for the two to start walking over together. 

When they had reached the men, Coulson introduced Nat and Steve to each other. "Ma'am", Steve nodded at her. Eleanor bit her lip to keep from laughing, she hadn't heard "ma'am" be used in a serious context before.

"Hi", Nat returned rather monotonously before turning to Coulson, "They need you on the bridge, they're starting the face-trace".
"See you there", Coulson responded as he walked away from the group.

The three began walking across the runway at a rather leisurely pace, Nat being in the middle, "It was quite the buzz around here, finding you in the ice, I thought Coulson was gonna swoon", Nat smirked.
"Oh trust me, he did", Eleanor grimaced at the memory of Coulson trying to talk to Steve in the jet.

Nat looked over to Eleanor and stifled a laugh, guessing that she had to endure Coulson trying to impress Steve or something, before she turned back to the man himself, "Did he ask you to sign his Captain America trading cards yet?".

"Trading cards?", Steve replied with a tone of slight disbelief.
"They're vintage".

"He's very proud, and to be honest he's kept them in decent condition so kudos to him", Eleanor shrugged causing Nat to scoff at her quietly, "What? Gotta admire it".

Their conversation was soon interrupted though, "Dr Banner!", Steve called over to the man in a suit looking like a lost puppy. He walked over and the two men shook hands, Eleanor and Nat hanging back a bit listening in on their conversation.

Eleanor leaned her head on Nat's shoulder wanting some contact, so Nat reached around and placed her hand atop her shoulder.

"Oh yeah, hi, they told me you'd be coming", Bruce awkwardly started.
"Word is you can find the cube".
"Is that the only word on me?", this caused Eleanor to lift her head and frown at Nat slightly, not sure what Bruce was getting at, nat just lightly shook her head in response before they heard that the helicarrier was going to be in flight soon through their earpieces.

"Only word I care about", Steve nodded at the Doctor.

"Can we go in, I don't like this part", Eleanor mumbled to Nat who gave her shoulder a reassuring squeeze before removing her hold on it completely. 
"Gentlemen, you might want to step inside in a minute, it's gonna get a little hard to breathe".