Chapter 39 - Explosive Landings Hurt, Man

The next few minutes in the computer room were spent trying to deduct which information needed to be downloaded. There was a lot of information and they were unsure if Fury was after anything specific. 

To be safe, they decided to download and transfer all of it, well as much as they could. The two of them said the file names that they were downloading out loud so that they weren't downloading things more than once, taking up unnecessary time, and space on the memory sticks.

"Natasha, El, Batroc's on the move. Circle back to Rumlow and protect the hostages", they once again heard Steve. They briefly turned to look at each other and raised their eyebrows before going back to looking at their monitors. Unfortunately, Fury's orders surpassed those of the Captain's, so they had no choice but to continue with what they were doing. Eleanor did start biting on her lips as she worked on accessing different folders, still not a big fan of being a double Agent to Steve. "Natasha, Eleanor". He didn't say anything else after this so they just acted as though they were in the clear. 

"This feels like some shitty IT job", Eleanor joked as she watched the download bar move painfully slow now that she had selected all of the files she wanted to download. She had grabbed as much as she could without surpassing the large storage of the USB. Nat still had some space left so she was still leaning over the desk tapping away at the computer to access and download more intel. 

Nat had agreed with Eleanor's comment, this was pretty tedious. Eleanor couldn't take staring at the snail-like download bar any longer, so she groaned and turned around with her arms loosely flopping to her sides. "You're a child", Nat laughed.

"Am not", Eleanor whined, proving Nat's point further, "This is just boring, I mean look, it's not even halfway through!". Nat hummed in acknowledgement to keep Eleanor satisfied, when in actual fact her focus was already back on the task at hand, and not her impatient girlfriend. 

Eleanor had started humming 'The Big Bang Theory' theme tune, but then her computer started beeping when it was 7/8ths the way through the download, coming up with an error. "Uh oh", Nat mocked as Eleanor huffed. 

She pushed the keyboard further back on the desk, and hopped up, manoeuvering to sit cross-legged in front of the monitor. She was tired of standing, and desk chairs were boring. Natasha didn't even question it, these things were normal with Eleanor.

Turns out the error was one of the folders that Eleanor had tried to download as a .zip had a document in there that she didn't have access to. She thought that she had already bypassed all of the restrictions, but evidently, this one was protected by something else, so she groaned again. She had to yet again begin using some coding skills to bypass the SHIELD restrictions. Luckily, she knew SHIELD inside and out, so she knew multiple ways in which to hack the organisation in very little time, hopefully, Fury wouldn't mind.

Eleanor had only managed to press a few keys before the Captain came flying through the closed door, on top of Batroc. She looked over as he punched him, immediately knocking Batroc out. Eleanor's eyes widened slightly at the fact that they had not been caught, but she quickly turned her attention back to the screen, the transfer was so close.

"Well, this is awkward", Nat spoke as she looked over at Steve. He turned to face the pair and was confused and quite angry at seeing Natasha leaning over the desk, and Eleanor sat on it, both typing away after they missed the rendezvous point. 

He stood when Natasha turned back to the computer, "What are you doing?".

"Backing up the hard drive, it's a good habit to get into", Nat sarcastically answered as Steve continued making his way over to the pair.

Eleanor absentmindedly nodded, "Yup, wouldn't wanna lose all of the photos of the great barbecue of 2007". 

They clearly only agitated Steve further by joking around, "Rumlow needed your help. What the hell are you doing here?".