Chapter 111 - The Nerve

Dreykov's hand clutched the collar of Eleanor's suit tightly, keeping her in place, Nat anxiously took a few steps forward, "Please, stop. Let her go, she can't hurt you!". He grimaced at her and shoved Eleanor forward, the woman crashing to the floor with a gasp. Nat's eyes widened as she helped her wife stand, "How can you control me too, I was never in the Red Room?", Eleanor grunted out whilst getting hoisted up.

"You two really don't have a brain between you. Mila was given the serums on which we base the pheromonal lock. They stick in the DNA. You are her clone, it is in your DNA too", he spat out and glared at them, veins popping and eyes bulging. "Not to worry, you will soon both be in my control anyway, Mila and Natasha. Two Avengers under my control". Chills ran up Eleanor's spine whenever he referred to her by her clone serial number or her mother's name, not distinguishing the fact that they are two separate people.

She didn't even know if they were two separate people.

Dreykov smirked at seeing the defeated looks on their faces, though Natasha's was fake. Now that she knew for sure neither of them could hurt him, she would carry on with the original plan.

Sever the nerve.

As Dreykov walked back to his desk, staring at his tablet looking at CCTV like he was some God, Eleanor looked at Natasha with a desperate look. This wasn't how this was supposed to go, and she was now sure that they were going to fail and be subjugated just as Yelena was. "So, this was the plan? Melina was going to land the Red Room and hand me over to the authorities?".

Natasha seemed to perk up again slightly, her confidence coming back, utterly confusing Eleanor who at the current time felt like a kicked puppy. "So, what now, you're gonna fold us into your pathetic little puppeteer act?".

The younger woman grimaced. She didn't particularly want to anger the man who could hurt them whilst they were so defenceless, but it seemed that that is what Nat had her heart set on. With pursed lips, she looked between the two.

"Pathetic, huh?".

"Yeah, what would you call it?", Natasha took more steps towards the desk, and helplessly Eleanor raised a hand to try and reach out for her but it soon dropped again. She felt pathetic. She felt weak. She felt small. Her heart ached for Natasha and her Mum. If this man could make her feel like that within just five minutes, how on Earth did they survive this place for years? As children?

"When was the last time that you had a conversation with somebody that wasn't forced to talk to you?". Natasha was standing right against the desk now, and Eleanor's blood was running cold. Her fingers twitched as the urge to go up to him and punch him came back strong, but she felt powerless knowing that if she tried, she's just look like an idiot with her fist hitting an invisible brick wall.

She trusted that Natasha knew how to handle herself around him. She grew up around the man after all, but it still didn't make this any easier. He was a psychopath, there was no telling what he was capable of.

"You ran away to fight in the wrong war, the real war was fought here, in the shadows", Dreykov was eerily calm as he dodged Natasha's question.

"You didn't fight in the shadows. You hid in the dark", Natasha spoke quietly, leaning forward slightly as she spoke, once again causing Eleanor's anxiety to completely spike. Even as they continued to speak, Natasha slowly leaned further forward until she was resting her hands on the desk, and Eleanor desperately wanted to tell her to "move the fuck away", but she was frozen on the spot, watching this unfurl from a few paces away. And then she sighed slightly at hearing Nat insult the man. "You're nothing, you have nothing".

His jaw tightened as his head tilted slightly, looking away whilst speaking "There are fifty people on this planet-".

Natasha scoffed loudly, causing Eleanor's eyes to widen, dread filling her system. She really did not know what Nat's game plan was here, and she didn't like it in the slightest. The feeling of helplessness was not one she wanted to welcome but was one that she was forced to as she looked on and saw Nat antagonise him further. "Oh stop it!".