𑄽୧ : 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆.

team leader han crossed her arms as she stared angrily at the wall, almost like she had lasers shooting out her eyes that would pierce through the brick walls.

"idiots... preparing to be 8turn?" she scoffed, "who says so?"

jihyun cleared his throat next to her, "well, they are 8turn juniors sooo" he stopped himself when he saw team leader han turn her head to give him a death stare.

"aren't you going to look after haemin?" she continued: "he said he wanted to practice."

"you know he hates when someone interrupts him while practising," the manager replied.

there haemin was in the practice room, fingers sliding over the piano keys gracefully as he played the notes of june's 'gas station' whilst signing the lyrics he memorised as it was one of his favourite songs

there haemin was in the practice room, fingers sliding over the piano keys gracefully as he played the notes of june's 'gas station' whilst signing the lyrics he memorised as it was one of his favourite songs. and it was the song he auditioned with.

now playing: gas station - june.

시원한 바람이 지나가면 (when the cooling wind passes)
이 밤의 끝을 볼 수 있을까 (will i see the end of this night?)
양팔을 벌리고 눈을 감으면 (spreading out my two arms and closing my eyes,)
어디로든 갈 수 있는 걸까 (will i be able to go anywhere?)
생각은 꼬리를 물고선 (my thoughts bite my tail)
내 몸을 조여 (and strangle my body)
여긴 너무 어두우니깐 (because it's too dark here)
내일의 아침이 올까 (will tomorrow's morning come?)
지금 난 두려우니깐 (because i'm feeling afraid now)
네가 내 옆에 있어 주면 돼 (you just need to be by my side)

난 나를 돌아봐 (i look back at myself)
i feel on
우린 다 가득 채워지길 원해 (i want us all to be filled)
fill me in
난 눈을 감았다가 뜨면 (when i close my eyes and open them)
모든 게 다 바뀌어버리면 좋겠어 (i wish that everything will change)
i can't think about it now

he also contributed to the choreography for his comeback and was therefore working on his ability to freestyle and come up with moves too. and he couldn't find a reason as to why, despite occupying himself by practising so much to the point all his hard work was paying off in the form of sweat, why he kept thinking about seungyeon. why he kept thinking about how he stopped taejoon from beating her up. what would've happened if he wasn't there? these thoughts only made him more passionate in his practise.

 what would've happened if he wasn't there? these thoughts only made him more passionate in his practise

haemin and his manager, jihyun, walked through the halls of mnh entertainment. haemin's hair was practically half wet and half dry now as he patted the sweat droplets off his face with the towel wrapped around his neck.

"what is it?" haemin asked jihyun as he knows the older is aware that the idol doesn't like to be disturbed while practising.

"team leader han said to bring you to her when you are done with practice."

"tell her i'm not done yet then."

"it's about the news article."

haemin stopped in his tracks after hearing that and threw his head back, sighing in frustration, "tell her i don't have anything to say because i am not interested."

"she told me to bring you even-"

"are you serious?"

"okay okay. i'll tell her you're not interested," jihyun quickly ran off to pass the message.

haemin was furious and didn't take his eyes off jihyun who was walking in the other direction. as a result, his head collided with someone else's, causing both of them to shout in pain and hold the affected area. haemin held the area above his eye as the other person, who had their hood up, held the side of their head.

"ah!" they both shouted, and they both continued to wince in pain after.

when haemin looked up to see it was seungyeon, his expression dropped almost immediately. seungyeon just glared at him.

"you idiot."

seungyeon scoffed, "use better words please, from the person who is called 'young prince'" she said in a mocking but 'polite' manner, not even wanting to be polite to her sunbae but almost being 'forced' to.

haemin poked his tongue through his cheek and stuffed his hands in his pockets, "this kid really..." he said in an annoyed tone, "do you want to die?"

seungyeon took her hand off her head and immediately looked up at the taller, "no!"

and the two just stared at each other for a few seconds, before seungyeon broke it by sighing and looking away, "thank you," she mumbled as she bowed her head the tiniest bit.

haemin's head tilted and it looked like his expression turned soft, but it really didn't.

seungyeon looked at his face and continued, "for helping me."

"don't think about it, because i didn't do that to help you," haemin replied and seungyeon just looked at him confused.

"i did that because i didn't want it to be noisy. ahhh, but in the end, it was still noisy," the idol continued before turning his head to look away.

the girl just inhaled before turning her body fully towards him, "okay then, i'll take back what i just said."

the older's eyebrows furrowed as he quickly turned his head to look at her again, "what?"

"so," seungyeon finished with and bowed, walking past him. however, even after she walked past - haemin turned around again and said:

"i don't take it as a joke."

confused, the trainee stopped and turned her upper body around to look at him.

"your chance..." he carried on, "i'm saying i don't take it as a joke," and with that, he turned around and walked away.