𑄽୧ : 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆.

🗓️ : the day of 8turn's concert.
_______________________________

haemin leaves the makeup room after jia added a few more touches. he runs into seungyeon outside, who is happy to see him judging by the smile on her face. however, he barely acknowledges her bow - perhaps her smile took all the attention away?? Once she's gone, he turns back thinking: 'i thought she'd run away.'

_______________________________

seungyeon runs into the junior members changing clothes and although they balk at a girl being so bold, she tells them: "stop acting so embarrassed, half of you are wearing minion boxers."

the girl noticed hyundae is absent and heads off to find him. he's in his room at the dorm and he tells her: "i thought about why i'm always portrayed the villain, and perhaps it's my lack of determination. it's because i've never lived life the way i wanted so i never thought about what i wanted. all i did was what my mother wanted of me. i've decided to do what i want from now on and my decision is to stay here."

that brings a smile to seungyeon's face. despite him outing her about her gender, she understands it's not always that transparent - and perhaps something was going in his life.

"we should head to the performance."

_______________________________

as haemin and inah finish their duet cover of 'fuck, i'm lonely' by lauv & anne marie, the boy quickly heads backstage in order to get ready for 8turn's performance of 'tic tac.'

their performance ends successfully with the venue full of cheers and screams from the fans, most of the light coming from the lit-up signs in the sea of people.

as 8turn is walking off stage, haemin and seungyeon catch each other's gaze and haemin remembers her words of how she longed to be in the industry.

nervous that the fans will leave before the juniors perform, he tells the host to make an announcement that he'll be handing out signed CD's to the fans after the event is over so in order to get the CD's, the fans have to stay till the end.

thrilled, the fans take their seats again as team leader han and the other 8turn members are surprised.

- now playing: stand up - m2.

the juniors' performance is a hit, and seungyeon is relieved about performing as a girl once she hears people cheering her name loudly after the performance. meanwhile, team leader han's expression turned sour.

______________________________

_______________________________

after the concert, the whole company rented out a hotpot place for all of them to separate. however, since the other members decided not to come, on the vip side of the restaurant - team leader han, minhyuk, inah and, haemin were seated.

however, since the curtain wasn't drawn, haemin and the juniors had full view of each other.

inah attempts to feed haemin which seungyeon and minjun watch. the idol freezes when he realizes seungyeon saw them and team leader han sees the exchanged glance.

_______________________________

⏱️ : later that evening.

_______________________________

much later, seungyeon stands outside in order to grab some fresh air after drinking some beer. the girl made grabbing gestures towards the moon, as if looking to catch it when a voice cuts out from behind.

"do you think you can catch it like that?" it was haemin.

the trainee turns to him, "thank you sunbae."

"why are you calling me sunbae instead of friend now," he wondered with a small smile, before he thanks her. she's surprised - what for?

"for not running away and staying here," haemin said as if he could read the younger's mind: "if you'd run away it would've been tiring. i'd have to catch you and bring you back."

seungyeon is surprised but not quite getting what he means so he continues.

"i told you before, there's something I want to confirm."

before he can elaborate further or she can ask, a speedy approaching motorcycle passes close to them and haemin grabs seungyeon, pulling her close and away from the road. by the time she gets over her initial surprise at the contact and tries to pull away, haemin doesn't let her and hugs her properly.

the scene however, is witnessed by minjun, gunwook and team leader han. the latter is fuming, to say the least and wonders why she never realized it further, speculating if haemin knew seungyeon was a girl from the beginning.

minjun downs his sorrows in alcohol while seungyeon reminisces over the hug once they went back to the dorm, kicking her legs as if she was reading a romantic novel.