fuck up - ashtray

tw: mention of abuse

recommended song for this chapter:
scott street - phoebe bridgers

ashtray o'neill, i have so much hate for him, no words could even describe it.

ever since the day we've met, we've had nothing but hate towards each other, or so i thought.
___
"hey fez" i smiled at the ginger, giving him reason to reveal his gap tooth as his lips curved upwards.

"hey kid" he greeted me back, "what you doin here?" he questioned me, as i began to wonder around the shop.

my eyes wandered over the drinks, choosing one to select, "i was walking by, thought i'd chekc up on ya" i said as my hand reached for the diet coke.

another smiled formed on his face as my words comforted him, "well i'm doing good, how bout yourself?" he questions back.

"yeah not too bad, same old" a light chuckle escapes my mouth. "uh just the coke please" my voice turned soft, letting him know i wanted the drink.

my ear twitched at the sound of the freezer door opening and shutting, causing both fez and i eyes to gaze over to that direction.

"the fuck she doin here" ash nods at me, at his eyebrows stayed low creating a mad look on his face.

to be fair, his face always looks mad.

I scoff at his unnecessary question, "fuck up ash" i snap at him.

his eye brows slightly raise, due to the fact that i never really answer back to him or defend myself.

the gas station when silent, the only sound that was heard was a light chuckle that belonged to fez. "aigh that's enough from you two" he ended the argument before it could get more intense.

my eyes shot from fez to ash, saying bye to fez the next second not wasting a minute of my time around ash.
___
i took a deep breath before entering my house, which i hate very dearly, as my parents never seemed to stop arguing. i don't understand why they don't get a divorce.

"i'm the problem?! you're the fucking problem!" my mom screamed before throwing an object at my dad.

the sound of the object clashing with my dad echoed throughout the house, "what the fuck did i tell you about throwing shit!" he snapped.

the arguing never stopped, i placed my airpods in my ear. in hope to drown their voices out.

shortly after the banging and eventually my door swung open, my dad looked at me ignoring my mom who was throwing multiple things at him.
___
i was now walking in the spitting rain and tears flowed down my cheeks. gasping and trying to find my breath.

my hand knocked on the old metal door, waiting for an answer. not expecting one as fezco's car was no where in sight.

to my surprise the door opened, but it wasn't who i expected to see. "what you want?" ash spits at me.

a light sniffle comes from me, "is fez here?" my voice was shaky, which was embarrassing. i always hated being emotional like this.

when i'm emotional like this, i feel most vulnerable. "nah" ash refuses to let me inside.

"oh alright" i mumble before turning around. a light grip comes into my hand, my head turns back.

my eyes observed over him, his eyes were full of sympathy. no words were said from him as he dragged me inside.

shivers were sent down my spine as his hands ran down the side of my arms. his eyes stayed glued onto mine.

"can i hug you?" his voice was soft, taken back by those 4 words, a hug was all i wanted at this moment.

my head nodded lightly, just wanting the embrace already. his arms wrapped around my neck, awkwardly and slowly.

our bodies quickly came in contact, as i smashes mine against his. eager for the embrace, his grip became more stronger.

sobs exited my mouth, my body feeling warm against him. who knew ashtray was a good hugger.

if you think about it, the poor boy probably needed a hug himself, knowing what he's been through.

this moment was so surreal yet so confusing at the same time. like, I'm hugging the boy whom i've hated for how long?

why the sudden change?

in all fairness, i wasn't complaining. this seemed better than fighting 24/7.

"i hate it when they fight" i sob, talking about my parents.

"i know, i know" he took a deep breath, "but, i'll always be here for you, you should know that" he breaks the embrace, cupping my cheeks with both of his hands.

a comforting smile grew, as i had never seen him so affectionate. "that means a lot" i whisper.

his eyes moving from mine to my lips, lowering his face and then placing a soft kiss onto my lips.

at that moment, sparks flowed all through out my body. this was all ashtray. all these feelings i was experiencing, were from his doings.

"wait but i thought you hated me" i say in a soft tone, unsure of why he was acting the way he was.

he grabbed hold of my hand before putting it on his chest, around his heart area. "kiss me" he demanded in a polite manner.

which i obeyed too, craving his kiss. as our lips connected, his heart raced even faster than it was before our kiss.

"this is all you" he admitted to having feelings for me, shocking me once again. his words created a smile from me.

my lips coming in contact with his again.

_____
a/n: love me a classic 'enemies to lovers' trope 😩

i hope you guys are enjoying the book so far! just remember, if you have any requests, don't be shy to recommend them 🩷