Chapter 27 - A Grimm Introduction

"So, I know this seems old school but this will help us hear the baby's heartbeat," Rosalee said as you laid down on the lounger in the back of the Spice Shop. Sean smirked at you as he held your hand. Rosalee pulled out a special looking stethoscope that she held up to your stomach. As she moved it around, she stopped and smiled. "There it is," she said with a laugh.

"Can I listen?" asked Sean. Rosalee nodded as she handed the device to him. You watched his face light up as he heard the heartbeat. "Nick was right, it does sound strong."

Rosalee looked confused, "When did Nick hear the heartbeat?"

You huffed a laugh as you tried to get more comfortable, "Apparently after the incident with him going blind, his hearing is now insanely good. Kind of creepy sometimes."

Rosalee raised an eyebrow in understanding. Putting the instrument away, she clapped her hands as she turned back to you. "So, do we want to know the gender or wait?"

You looked surprised, "You can do that?"

Rosalee nodded, "Yeah, it's actually really simple and safe for both the mother and child."

You looked to Sean who was contemplating. "It's actually royal tradition to wait till the birth of the child to find out.

Rosalee nodded in understanding, "Well, if you change your mind, know that it is an option."

You rolled your shirt back down over the small bump that was starting to form. Sean took your hand to help you sit up from the lounger. You took a minute to catch your breath. Jotting down notes in her journal, Rosalee turned back towards you.

"I'd say you are about four months along or so. I think we are looking at a Spring baby," she said with a smile.

"An Ostara baby?" Sean asked.

Rosalee nodded with a smile. You looked between the two, "What's an Ostara baby?"

"Ostara is kind of like Easter. It's a Wesen blessing to have a baby born around that time," Rosalee responded.

You rolled your eyes, "Of course it is."

Sean grabbed your coat and helped you put it on, "Will we see you at Monroe's later?"

Rosalee nodded, "Yes, I even bought the requested ugly sweater."

********

"Wow, Monroe, this is beautiful," Juliette exclaimed as she opened her gift, pulling out a new watch.

Monroe shrugged, "I saw it and it just screamed Juliette."

"Okay," Nick said as he pulled a present out, "last one under the tree."

Nick handed you the present as everyone looked at you with expectant looks. You laughed softly as you took the gift. "Should I be concerned?"

Monroe rolled his eyes, "Just open it."

You looked over at Sean who shrugged his shoulders, unwrapping the gift, you found a box. Eyeing up at everyone, you smiled as you noticed their anticipated looks. Shaking your head with a laugh; you opened the box and gasped. You looked up at Nick in shock.

Nick smiled, "I got a message. Just checking in. I told her the news and then this arrived."

You felt tears prick your eyes as you lifted up the gift. In your hand was a stuffed bunny you had when you were little. "She kept it?" you whispered.

Sean wrapped his arms around you, pulling you close to kiss your head. Sean's phone began to ring. He excused himself as he went into the other room to answer it. You looked at Nick whose head seemed to tilt, clearly hearing the conversation. His demeanor changed to that of anger. You narrowed your eyes at him but when noticing you looking at him, he simply shook his head and turned back to the conversation the others were having. When Sean walked back in, you could tell that something had happened. He and Nick looked at each other and then at you. Noticing the signal that it was time to go, you began gathering your gifts.