Chapter 34 - A Grimm Family

You were sitting on your couch, feeding Marie as Sean paced back and forth. Nick sat in a chair, his eyes wide and completely zoned out. Rosalee sat next to you, chewing on her lip, and Monroe sat in the other chair, a look of utter shock on his face. Sean stopped pacing, turning towards you.

"Are you absolutely sure?"

You glanced around the room and slightly shrugged, "I just know the signs. And, I did some research on Nick's marking. It's so similar to ours but slightly different. It just made sense that it was a Hexenbiest."

"But Adalind?" Monroe says in disbelief.

"I'm still just trying to process the fact that Nick has a marking all of a sudden. Is this why Juliette left?" Rosalee asks.

Everyone looked over at Nick, who was still staring off. You handed Marie to Rosalee as you got up off the couch and made your way over to your brother. Crouching down in front of him, you placed your hands on his, making him focus on you.

"It's going to be okay. We'll figure this out. Remember when you told me that I didn't have to follow through with Sean if I didn't want to?"

"He said that?" Sean asked.

You rolled your eyes as you looked up at your husband. "That was when we first found out that I was mated to a Zauberbiest. He didn't know it was you, and it was before we made anything official."

Nick stood up, "I need some time to think this through." He gave you a kiss on your head, "I'll call you later."

Everyone watched as Nick walked out the door, shutting it behind him. You turned to look at Sean, who looked concerned. If Nick was truly mated to not just a Hexenbiest but to Adalind, this was going to cause lots of problems. You got up and sat down in the chair Nick had been in, placing your head in your hands. Everyone was quiet, mulling over what just happened.

"Are you sure it's Adalind?" Monroe said, breaking the silence.

You huffed out a sigh as you leaned back in your chair.

********

The topic of Adalind and Nick's marking was quickly dropped and not further discussed. Nick threw himself into his work. You and Sean were busy with Wesen affairs, and Monroe and Rosalee kept the Spice Shop running, which often times tended to be where the Wesen would seek you out. Meisner agreed to keep an eye on Adalind to make sure she wasn't causing trouble, and for the most part, things seemed to be quiet. You and Rosalee were busy planning for her and Monroe's wedding. Everything seemed to be falling into place until it came time for Monroe to introduce his parents.

While the meeting of Rosalee's mother and sister wasn't drama free, Monroe informed you that it actually went well and that Rosalee and her sister seemed to heal some old wounds. You were happy to hear that because you knew how difficult Rosalee's past had been and how she had kept her distance from her family. Now, however, Monroe was a nervous wreck because he informed you that his parents were coming for a visit so they could meet the girl he was going to marry. Knowing how old school all the Blutbads tended to be, you understood his worry and agreed that the dinner should be a larger group, thinking that perhaps it would help with the tension.

Boy, were you wrong! Monroe had hoped that having the newly instated king and queen of the Wesen at dinner would not only impress his parents but hopefully keep their shock that their son was not marrying a Blutbad to a minimum. You managed to convince Nick to babysit Marie, something he was both excited and nervous about. As you and Sean were getting ready to walk out the door, your phone rang. Furrowing your brows at Sean, you looked to see who it was.

"Nick?"

"Hey," he said on the other line. "You guys haven't left yet, have you?"

"No, why? Is everything okay?"