Chapter 50 - A Grimm Moment

⚠️ Smut Warning!!! And it's intense!

********

You and Sean had been in Vienna for a couple of months now, and you currently found yourself walking around the castle. Well, more like snooping around, but according to Meisner, it wasn't considered snooping since you were Queen and you and Sean officially owned the castle. After the shock of finding Viktor alive in the dungeons, you were both faced with the decision of what you were going to do with him. Neither of you trusted him. Alexander had informed you that the dungeons weren't exactly normal. They had been "bewitched" for a lack of a better word. Therefore, those who were locked up were often driven to madness, and frankly, you were just fine letting Viktor sit down there and rot.

Within two days of you and Sean arriving, you were bombarded by members of the royal family attempting to suck up to you both when they realized that not only had a Zauberbiest taken control of the family but that he was also mated and married to a Grimm. And then when they discovered that you were a Grimm Healer, you were amazed at how quickly they all turned on each other, claiming that they had no knowledge of the former King's traitorous dealings. Neither you nor Sean trusted any of them and made that extremely clear to them. If anyone so much as whispered a treacherous thought out loud or attempted to turn on the new King and Queen, they would find themselves in the dungeons of the castle. Some of them scoffed at the idea of this, but then you showed them a live video feed of Viktor screaming in his cell. While he seemed to be in a perfectly normal cell, what he was seeing was not so normal. In his mind, his worst nightmares were in that very cell with him.

You chuckled to yourself as the memory ran through your head. You quite enjoyed finally getting payback for what the royal family had done to you and put your family through. As you made your way down a long corridor, you came to an ornate door at the end of the hall. When you reached it, you gently pushed it open, surprised at what you saw. Behind the door was a rather large ornate room with two thrones sitting up on a platform. You smirked when you saw who was sitting there. Sean was on one of the thrones, his head resting on his hand, deep in thought. He didn't hear you enter as you quietly made your way up towards him. You had to admit, seeing him sitting there with an air of power surrounding him was kind of a turn-on for you.

"Why am I not surprised there is a throne room," you said, breaking him out of his thoughts.

Sean looked up and smirked at you. He held his hand out to you as you made your way up the steps. He pulled you into his lap, your legs draped over the arms of the throne as you leaned your head against his shoulder. Sean's hand absentmindedly began rubbing up and down your bare leg. You could tell he was deep in thought again. You leaned back slightly so you could look at him, your hand cupping his cheek and turning his face towards you.

"What are you thinking about?" you asked softly.

Sean sighed as his arms wrapped tightly around you, pulling you even closer to him. "What to do with this place. As king and queen, it is customary for us to stay here. But, I don't want to leave Portland. Our lives are there."

You nodded in understanding, "But if we don't stay here..."

"Then someone would attempt to overthrow us," he replied.

You groaned, "Why does everything have to be so complicated?"

Sean chuckled, "What did you expect when a Grimm and a Zauberbiest fell in love?"

You hummed in response. "I don't like seeing you so stressed," you said as you moved your legs, so you were now straddling him. He leaned back on the throne, giving you a half smile as he looked at you.

"I just worry about you and your safety. Your happiness," he said as his hands traveled up your legs, slipping underneath your dress, caressing your thighs. You leaned in and gave him a small peck on the lips, pulling away with a smirk seeing his lips chase yours.