Chapter 47 - A Grimm Kidnapping

⚠️ Trigger Warning: Themes of torture

********

Sean and Nick walked into the restaurant that was chosen as the neutral location to meet with Sean's father. Looking around, they noticed Meisner's men scattered about, pretending to be having lunch. Sean and Nick made their way towards the private table in the back. Much like when you and Sean had visited Eric, a man in a black suit stepped forward. This time, however, Sean and Nick allowed the man to search them before they made their way towards the table. Sitting there was an older man with a grey beard, wearing a brown suit. Seeing Sean and Nick walking towards him, he stood up from the table.

"Sean," he said with a smile.

"Hello, father," Sean replied.

"And who is this gentleman?" he asked, gesturing towards Nick.

"This is Nick Burkhardt," Sean replied. "Nick, this is my father, King Fredrick."

Fredrick's eyebrows raised in surprise, "The Grimm? My, what do I owe this surprise?"

"Let's cut the formalities," Sean said. "You sent Viktor here to attempt to take my wife and unborn child away from me. He was clearly unsuccessful and was sent back to Vienna to relay a message to you, but now it has come to my attention that he never actually made it back to Vienna."

"Yes," replied Fredrick. "His sudden disappearance was most distressing," he said nonchalantly.

Sean's jaw tensed, "You may be royalty, but so am I. The Wesen Council and the Wesen Community have declared me the King of Portland and the King of the Wesen's. Any act against me or my family is considered treason. You stepping foot here in Portland after the stunts you tried to pull will not go unnoticed by our people. So, I'm offering this one opportunity to you. Leave Portland and leave my family alone, and you get to keep your life. But as soon as you make one more wrong move, I will wipe out the entire royal family. Do I make myself clear?"

Nick watched as Fredrick tensed with anger. "My boy," he said with a slight dark chuckle, "I simply came to Portland to congratulate you on your nuptials and to meet my new granddaughter. However, it seems that no one has seen her. Tell me, where is the little princess?"

Nick tensed at the question. Sean balled up his fists, trying to maintain some control. Maybe not having you come was a mistake. Frederick went back over to the table, sitting down and taking a wine glass into his hand.

"You and your family belong in Vienna," he said as he took a sip. "After Eric's death, we needed a replacement rather quickly. Viktor seemed like the better option at the time, but it soon proved to be a mistake. He was weak, not to mention, he wouldn't have been able to give me an heir, so we had to go with the next best option."

"And what option was that?" asked Sean.

"Well, you and your family, of course. However, you would simply be the figurehead. We wouldn't want your hands to get dirty. It's not proper for a king," Frederick replied.

"Who replaced Viktor? I know you have been the one calling the shots, but like you said, a king shouldn't get his hands dirty," said Sean as he felt his anger building.

Frederick smirked, "Who in the family gets the results we need?" He folded his hands in front of him. "Kenneth's methods, while often times unconventional, do get us results. I know he was most eager to meet that wife of yours."

Sean pulled his gun out of his back pocket, pointing it at his father's head. Frederick raised an eyebrow as he glanced over at the guard that had supposedly searched Sean and Nick. He looked around the restaurant, noticing that it was full of members of the resistance, all with their hands on their weapons that were hidden.