Chapter 17 - A Grimm Mess

You stretched out in the bed, arms sliding over the silk sheets. You reached over and noticed the bed was cold next to you. Blinking your eyes open, you stared up at the ceiling, a smile forming on your lips as you smelled coffee and heard the clattering of dishes in the kitchen. You grabbed Sean’s shirt off the floor, discarded from the night before, and put it on. It reached just to your mid-thigh. You walked into the kitchen, barefoot, to see Sean in only his sweatpants, making breakfast.

“Morning,” you said softly.

Sean looked up from what he was doing with a smirk on his face. His eyes scanning up and down your body, taking in your appearance. He wiped his hands on a towel and walked over to you, pulling you towards him. His hands slid down to grasp at you, causing you to squeal. He kissed you with so much intensity and passion, you would have thought he was starving and you were the only thing that could satiate his hunger. Slowly pulling away from the kiss, his teeth grazed your lips, leaning his forehead against yours.

“Morning sweetheart.”

Your chest was heaving, trying to catch your breath. “I’m going to start expecting that every morning now,” you said with a breathy laugh.

Sean chuckled, “I think I can manage that.”

You hopped up on one of the bar stools at the kitchen island as Sean handed you a cup of coffee. You watched as he finished making eggs, placing them on a plate with bacon and toast. He handed you a plate as he sat down next to you. You leaned your head on your hand, gazing at him. Sean glanced over, confusion on his face.

“What?” he asked.

 You shook your head, blushing slightly as you picked up a fork. He nudged you in your side, making you laugh softly. You felt his lips on your temple, his arms wrapping around your waist and pulling you closer to him.

“I think my shirt looks better on you than it does on me,” he whispered in your ear.

You bit your lip, trying to keep yourself from blushing. You looked over at him, a hint of mischief in your eyes.

“Really? Because I was thinking it looked better on your floor.”

You watched as his pupils dilated, a dark lust taking over. He leaned over, capturing your lips with his once more. Just as you felt his hands travel up your thigh, his cell phone rang. You both groaned, the realization that the day wasn’t going to let the two of you play hooky. He quickly kissed your forehead as he left the room to go answer it. You began eating your breakfast when you heard Sean come back in. You could tell by his stance that something was wrong.

“Everything ok?” you asked.

Sean pursed his lips, “That was Nick. He and Hank got called in for a homicide. They checked the victim’s car and found photography equipment. When Nick pulled the memory card, it was full of pictures of him, Hank, Monroe, me…” Sean hesitated for a minute, “and you.”

“What?!” you exclaimed, jumping off the stool. “What kind of pictures?”

Sean walked out of the kitchen towards the bedroom, opening the closet to pull clothes out. “He said it looked like the person had been tailing all of us and for some time,” Sean’s voice said from inside the closet.

You sat on the bed, pulling your knees up to your chest. “Does Monroe know?” you asked.

Sean walked out, tucking his shirt into his pants, a tie hanging around his neck. “I don’t know, I’m sure Nick will let him know.”

You got up from the bed, grabbing the tie and fixing it around his neck so it was straight. “Why is it when I think we will have one normal day, something like this happens.”