Chapter 36

I tore through my bag; ripping out my clothes and making them land all over the bedroom. I find a pair of old, torn, white track pants that I stole from Bjorn and an extra-large, zip-up jumper of Jacobs which I never returned, last but not least Jayson's 'Bob Marley' t-shirt with a picture of Bob Marley smoking a joint. But to sum up the whole outfit I chose some long, fluffy, pink and purple striped, toe socks of Madi's.

I walked over to the full length mirror in the corner of the room and smiled as I looked like a hobo, I pulled my hair back into a messy bun, a very messy bun. But just before I was going to go walk downstairs I walked to the awaiting, stuck up, snotty suitors, I would call Madi... Being in such a horrible position, I needed to call her.

I picked up the phone and began to dial...

0 4 1 5 2 . . . 0 6

MADI: HELLO?

The sweet sound of her voice made me speechless, the way she speaks always as if she is greeting a long lost friend instead of a total stranger.

MADI: HELLO? UM, ARE YOU THERE? IS ANYONE THERE? HELLOOOOO?

Snapping out of my trans I realised, 'She can't actually see me, I might want to speak'

AVALON: HELLO MADI

MADI: WHO IS THIS?

AVALON: WELL, EVERYONE NOW KNOWS ME BY A DIFFERENT NAME BUT, YOU KNOW ME BY ELLIE

MADI: HOLY SH*T! ELLIE! I'VE MISSED YOU, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN, WHY HAVEN'T YOU CALLED, I AM MAD THAT YOU HAVEN'T CALLED BUT NOW I'M NOT BECAUSE YOU'RE CALLING...

Continually asking questions and blabbing on for minutes about the most random things, I couldn't help but laugh, before voice in the background caught her attention and a groan escaped her lips.

MADI: SH*T, GO AWAY PEOPLE! I NEED TO CALL YOU LATER TONIGHT OK? I HAVE TO GO! BUT I LOVE YOU OK?

And just like that, she was gone...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"What are you wearing!?!? You need to go get changed... NOW!" Arianna screeched to me as she saw the sloppy clothes and the piercings were back in my ears, belly and nose.

"I don't need to do anything, if these people want to marry me they better know what they are getting themselves into" I say back as I push past her and continue down the stairs

Arriving at the door of the dining room, a man dressed in black formal wear cleared his throat to hide his laugh "Announcing, Miss Avalon Drielle. Youngest Granddaughter of the Drielle family."