IV. Speechless

Veronika's POV

"WHAT!?" I say out loud making my parents flinch, I just stared at the will like it was some alien thing. I look over to see our family lawyer, Mr Marino who is also my friend's father.
"Don't even think about ripping it, Veronika" He says gesturing to the paper in my hand "your grandmother's words not mine".

I still can't digest what I just read in the will, it says that I'm promised to the grandson of The Yoons, to Yoon Jeonghan, and not only that, I am to marry him in order to properly inherit Riva Corp and it's properties or else it will be divided amongst the greedy onlooking businessmen who are waiting for the fall of Riva's which means everything, generations of hardwork, wealth, and property gone if I don't get married to a stranger.

I look outside to see people preparing for the funeral. I'm already dressed in a black shirt and my perfectly tailored pants with heels with my hair down, my grandmother liked how I looked in those as i wore them often because of ease and comfort and I don't appear much in public.

In this family the daughter is raised like a man, there is no partiality between men and women, especially the ones born into the family. It doesn't mean we make our men inferior to us, they, including my father and my two brothers are also highly influential. It's just that the women will be the head of the family or the one in the highest post and that now is me.

Thinking about family, I wonder what my brothers' reaction will be to grandma's will. My older brother Kai will be able to relate with me most probably, he was made to find a wife and settle down to prove himself to my grandmother that he can be a responsible man in both business and life. He's now happily married and has a son with his lovely wife , my sister in law Anya.

As for my other brother Markus, he's traveling around the world, he's a famous Model, and also grandma's favorite. Both of them will reach here in sometime, I think to myself almost forgetting the root to my challenge ahead, Yoon Jeonghan, who will also reach with his family soon.

 Both of them will reach here in sometime, I think to myself almost forgetting the root to my challenge ahead, Yoon Jeonghan, who will also reach with his family soon

Veronika