XXII. Message

"So this woman is your cousin and is a possible threat to Ver?" Jeonghan enquires as Markus looks around his brother in law's office.

Markus flew down to Seoul and went straight to Jeonghan's office to meet him, the latter welcoming him warmly. The exchanged greetings and casually conversed before Markus told him the matter he was send to discuss with him.

"There are questions surrounding her parentage, they say it's obvious that she is her father's daughter but my grandmother strongly opposed the fact that she is my aunt's daughter along with my dad." Markus replies leaning back into his chair, a sigh leaving his mouth.

"Kade even refused to do a DNA test on her but my family was being considerate with the fact that she was just a child at the time so they didn't push it. Things took a turn when he married my aunt's bestfriend, her turning out to be something like a snake? I'll say" Markus continues.

"The issue is, dad and all the other elders are concerned she'll pull something around the time Veronika will be given the position, most likely claiming herself as the oldest female Riva heir or something but we never know what she'll do, it's just that Elijah has a certain hatred for Veronika that she might just do something which will affect my sister" Markus ends on a serious note.

Jeonghan was trying to understand the situation although he'll need more information, his concern now only being Veronika's wellbeing and safety.

"Are you going to tell her?" Jeonghan asks.

"She figured something is happening, so I guess there's no escaping her and you guys will be legally married by the end of the month so all that is kind of making her put the puzzle together. Elijah is going to act up this time now that our grandmother is gone, they did fear her and is underestimating Ver obviously" Markus says as he stands up.
"I wanted to tell you first because talking to Ver is gonna be so stressful for myself as she is hard headed just like Kai. I knew talking to you will be much better, just that things are going to happen and you are going to see the side of Ver which will be different from what you are seeing now. Hold on to her and keep her sane." The concerned brother says with a sad smile.

Later on at the Yoon mansion

"What is happening back home?" Veronika asks her brother, the latter now well rested and up for conversation.

"There's no use of stalling this conversation because you won't stop until you get it out of me" he replies sighing, "Elijah visited us sometime ago, she's staying in Italy now, it seems. Something about her arrival is off and obviously grandma's passing pulled her back home, her intentions are unknown but it's definitely not gonna be good." Markus finishes as he looks up to see Aera talking away on her phone across the garden.

Meanwhile Veronika follows his gaze and smiles "She's a nice girl, sincere" she says, while Markus clears his throat.

"You have nothing to comment about what I just said?" He asks raising an eyebrow.

"It doesn't concern me as long as she doesn't act up, one wrong move against the family and she's done for, you know the drill" Veronika says, her voice low and serious, a side that was opposite to the calm, quiet and serene future daughter in law of the Yoons. This was the Riva heir speaking.