XXI. Everyday

Veronika stirred in her sleep, hearing the chirp of birds, it must've been morning, she thinks before turning to the other side cozying herself up against the warmth next to her.

She smiles as she snuggles into the warmth more, still eyes closed. Jeonghan looks at her with a gentle smile on his face, holding her close, both of them sharing the heat of their bare bodies, under the blanket.

"I could be like this everyday" Veronika mumbles as she place a peck on his chest, sleepy.

"We can if that's what you want" He replies moving her hair from her face, tracing her face.

"It tickles" she says smiling, feeling his touch. "Don't you have to go to the office, I'm pretty sure you are needed there" she finally looks up to his face, seeing him already looking at her.

"I am, but they can manage otherwise what's the use of having the best team in the business" Jeonghan says as he props his head up on his hand. His free hand caressing her face finally his thumbs finding her lips.

He holds her chin as he presses a kiss on her soft lips, her returning it. "We should get up" she says facing the ceiling, a certain calmness in her face, afterglow.

Jeonghan stands up from the bed while he guides her up, taking her bridal style to the bathroom. "We can save time and water this way"he states making her giggle.

In Italy

"We should let her know love" Kathryn tells her worried husband. "You know it means no good when Elijah shows up out of nowhere" she says in a concerned manner.

"I'm sending Markus to Seoul, Kai will stay here for the time being, we need Elaine here but I can't go against my mother's wish and it's best if she stays away for the while." Claude replies.

"She'll be back in three months dad, and when she does, you know Elijah doesn't stand a chance" Markus comments.

"But we shouldn't underestimate Elijah, we don't know what cards she has to play" Kai says in a serious tone.

"Their marriage will be registered and legal within next week and we'll start with the planning of Catalyst Foundation Charity Event." Claude pauses before continuing, "then my daughter will be the head of Riva Corp, just like mother wanted" He ends, holding Kathryn's hands.

In Seoul

"Why are you coming here Mark?" Veronika says on call with her brother Markus as she stalks down the hallway. "I know something is not right, what is it?" She says annoyance evident on her face as she knows her family well, something must've happened for them to send one of her brothers, who are supposed to be busy with their own work.

"You know what Ver, I'll see you in Seoul" Markus says before hanging up not giving Veronika a chance to question him more.

She suddenly felt troubled, was something wrong with her parents? Is everything alright?. She was deep in thought when Mrs Yoon approached her.

"Are you alright dear?" She asks putting a hand on on Veronika's shoulder.

"I'm fine mom, it's just Markus will be here tomorrow, it's just him coming here is so sudden and I was just thinking stuff" she says looking calm.

"Don't worry Elaine, just don't stress yourself and I think your parents also wants you to be at peace here." She says knowing that Veronika is troubled. "Come on we'll lunch together" Mrs Yoon says as she takes Veronika with her.

Jeonghan POV

Markus just send me a message saying that he'll reach Seoul tomorrow and will come to meet me straight away before going to his sister. He also said there are some serious matters to be discussed with me and that Veronika shouldn't be let known, for now.