XXVI. Haste

In Italy

"We should call Ver back" Kai tells his father, the Riva family was gathered in their home itself.

"Invites for Catalyst's event have been send out, we just need Elaine to supervise it. I don't feel like calling her back, they seem to be doing well" Claude says as he sighs.

"It's not like you are going to keep her here forever, its just for two months and they are married now, one way or another she has to come back and work, don't be too sad honey" Katheryn tells her husband, consoling him.

"Markus says that all is well with the two, that they couldn't have found someone better for eachother than themselves" Ana says as she keep her eye on her toddler walking around.

"Do you miss Aunt Ver, Niko?" Claude asks his grandchild in a sweet voice to which the toddler smiled and nodded.

"Okay then, I'll call and let her know so that she can plan on everything" Kai says standing up, going outside with his son.

In Seoul

"Thank you for letting me know, Claire, we'll meet soon, take care" Veronika tells her assistant before hanging up.

"Who was it?" Jeonghan enquired as he got ready to go to work.

"My assistant, she informed that the Catalyst event invites have been sent out. You'll be receiving one soon too" She replies as she diligently typed on her laptop.

"It's been 5 months already since you came here huh" Jeonghan checks his phone as he walk over to his wife placing a kiss on her head. "I'll be back soon" He tells her before going out.

After a while she gets a message from her brother saying that she has to return to Italy as soon as possible. The message made her happy but deep down she was feeling unpleasant. If she has to go now, that means not seeing Jeonghan for the next two months.

It's just two months, she thought before replying back to her brother. She decided that she'll be going back in a week and she let Markus and Jeonghan's family know the same.

"You make decisions fast Ver, you should change that. Did you tell him about going back?" Markus questioned her.

Oh no, she thought, she made the decision to go back in haste, it was not that she did not think about her husband but she knew if she decided with him on mind she wouldn't go back to Italy any time soon.

"I'll tell him when he's back, it's just two months" She replies to her brother.

"What about the time after those two months" Markus asks again raising his eyebrow.

"I'll have to think about it after everything goes well with Catalyst" she says in a small voice as she thinks. Her brother was right, she did not think about the months to come after, they both will be busy in work, she has to make a decision.

Almost all the time her mind would be in chaos, lots of thoughts going around but being with Jeonghan brought her peace. Later that day she made herself busy making calls and catching up with recent developments in her business, as evening approached, thunder rumbled in the sky, raining hard.

It was dark out, Veronika, watched the rain as her mind kept on reminding her that she had to tell Jeonghan about her departure. Just then, his car entered the mansion gates.

Jeonghan was partially drenched in rain, as he went straight for a towel as he entered their room. He came out of shower in comfortable clothes as he lazily patted his hair with the cloth.

"You're going to catch a cold if you go like that, come here I'll do it for you" Veronika calls out to him, he goes on to sit on the edge of the bed silently, visibly tired as she stands in front of him, taking the towel and drying his hair.

"How was your day?" Veronika asks striking up a conversation. He was quiet for a while before answering as he wrapped his hands around her waist holding her close.

"Tiring" He answers in a single word, nuzzling his face on her belly as she runs her hand through his hair. She was thinking how to tell him about her going for a while, should I just say it or wait?, she thinks.

"What are you thinking about?" He asks her watching her zone out.

"Oh well, I wanted to tell you something" She says fiddling with her fingers, her voice soft.

"Go on" He smiles as he takes her hands, with both of his as he rubs his thumbs over her palm, sensing her hands are cold.

"I'll be going back in a week" she says in a quick sentence, observing him.

"Going where?" He asks as his face changes, confused as he puts his thoughts together.

"Home" she tells him, she felt like there was weight on her chest suddenly, she gulped as his eyes stared at her in realization.