XXV. Lawfully

"Congratulations!" the small group gathered in the Yoon mansion cheered. It was just Jeonghan's family along with Markus, Jungkook, and some of the guys from Jeonghan's circle of friends, the ones who couldn't be there wishing the newly married couple through calls and text messages.

Yoon Jeonghan and Veronika Elaine Riva were now legally married. It has been almost five months since Veronika entered Jeonghan's life, yet it felt like a long time since they've known eachother.

"Congats you both, we'll visit you soon" Alessia said over call indicating to herself and Ruth.

'Happy married life Jeonghan and Veronika' said Seungcheol's message, followed by the others. Both of their parents were happy, the siblings overjoyed.

"This is not even the proper ceremony, why are you all hyped up?" Veronika asked as she looked at Markus who had a wide grin.

"Can't I be happy for my sister, I was worried you'll be the last one standing amongst us but look at you, I'm being like a proud father here" Markus says as he dramatically flicks a non existent tear. "Kai choked up on call, you know, we talked and he can't believe you're now married, he's happy" Markus says as he smiles gently at his sister putting his arm around her shoulders as they walk in the corridor of the mansion.

Even if they were three years apart in age, they felt as if they were same agers, Markus often giving off the younger sibling vibes but he is a big brother at heart, always looking out for his little sister, same as Kai who looked out for both of his siblings.

"Be happy Ver, I know he makes you happy. If you feel discontent with anything or feel like backing out, you don't have to hesitate, just tell us. Oh and this is something dad and mom collectively said, that you don't have to face every hardship alone, you are independent but its okay to depend at times, same goes for him as well." Markus says as he firmly holds his sister's hand giving it a reassuring squeeze.

"I love you Mark" Veronika says as she felt her eyes welling up. "I'm still thinking of making you the flower boy at the actual ceremony though" she jokes in order to lighten up the mood, laughing as he scoffs, shaking his head, smiling.

"Niko would be upset then, I can imagine his pouty face" Markus says as he burst into laughter.

"Niko's got competition" Veronika replies with sass, laughing with her brother, she missed this.

Meanwhile Jeonghan was with his group and Aera joined in.

"If it is like this now, I can't imagine how it will be in the actual ceremony" Mingyu says smiling as he observes the Riva siblings have a heart to heart conversation.

"I bet Seungcheol will cry" Seungkwan says as the group laughs.

"Oh you'll be crying with him too just wait and watch" Mingyu says as he greets Jungkook who joined the circle.

"Congratulations" Jungkook says as he gives Jeonghan a firm handshake, both of them smiling at eachother. Veronika had told Jeonghan what Alessia planned with Jungkook's arrival to Seoul, to which Jeonghan thanked Alessia for, he knew Jungkook was a good kid afterall.

"We'll be leaving then, see you guys around" the guys left leaving the family to themselves, it wasn't a free day, the ones who had some time to show up, came and greeted the couple, others promising a meet up at Carat on a day when they were all available.

Finally Veronika joined Jeonghan, who was waiting for her at the front door of the mansion.

"Shall we? wife" He held out his hand, which she took as they walked into the house, now married by law.