V. Rest

The sky looked cloudy and gray, it must be raining somewhere nearby, the Riva family gathered along with their close acquaintances. In the crowd of black clothes Jeonghan's eyes were searching for a certain someone, where is she? He thought, having only met her once a few years ago and seeing her pictures in the media, Jeonghan was curious how his future wife looked like now.

He protested and accepted defeat when he came to know about the will and how marriage is more important from Veronika's side from his parents, he did feel bad for her but that doesn't change anything. He is 33 now, marriage is a topic that he avoided, he is one of the most sought out bachelor's in the elite community along with his friends. Maybe it was time for him to settle down, he thought.

"Isn't that the Riva siblings?" His sister Aera asked, reading his thoughts indirectly pointing him to Veronika.

There she was clad in black, She gave off an intimidating aura of power and femininity, to her left stood Kaius Riva aka Kai, joining to her right was the middle Riva sibling, Markus, one of the most handsome faces in the world at the moment and a known Model. The three of them together was rare as all of them are busy in their own areas of work, the eldest managing Riva Corp from it's branch in New York, the middle one toured around the world focusing on his modeling career while the youngest , the future female head of the business finished studying business and managed the Empire from it's main branch in Italy.

Just as the Yoon siblings are observing them, a toddler runs up to Veronika who breaks into a gentle smile. Smile looks good on her but what made her so stoic or is it just a front she puts up with others? Jeonghan thought, focusing back ,now Kai was joined by a woman who gave off a soft, gentle aura, they both looked so in love.

"They're marriage was out of convenience you know, the matriarch wanted him to settle down and he married her out of nowhere but look at them now" Aera says, they looked genuinely happy with their small family. Just then the crowd settled in and the last part of the funeral started.

Veronika's mind was blank but agitated at the same time under her calm, resting facade. The granddaughter in her  kept on reminding her how her grandmother will be physically gone from the face of the world only leaving memories, while the heir in her was rather quiet, urging her to be silent and poise while reminding her of the responsibilities that she'll have to take up from this day onwards, that's what her grandmother would have wanted. Eventhough she was a tough woman, she was a good mother and a lovely grandmother. Not only her but her brothers were affected by the passing, they stood by eachother as they said their last goodbye to her, this is going to take a toll on me Veronika thought as she knew the effect her grandmother's death would have on her as she was with her grandma all the time.