XXXIII. Longing

After weeks of organising and planning, the day had finally arrived, The Catalyst, organised for the first time without Elaine Riva. Elites and business acquaintances from all around the world attended the event, prior to this gathering, they raised funds and other essentials and contributed them, for a good cause.

The gathering was just to acknowledge the contributions and support garnered from their associates, but this time it was much more special as Veronika is finally stepping in as the head of Riva corp.

"The flowers don't go there, Alejandro please guide them, we don't have much time" Claire, Veronika's assistant ordered the others. All of the workers and assistance of the family were running around, making last minute checks to make sure nothing was out of place.

"3 more hours to go, till then make sure everything is proper and you all are supposed to exit by 30 minutes, then get ready and be present in an hour, checking will be done prior to entry, I hope I'm clear" Enzo, head of security announced as the others went on to do their part.

The grand evening was near, as Veronika stared at herself in the vanity mirror, everyone had anticipated this very moment. She missed her grandmother, her father soothed her by saying that she's always looking out for her and that everything will be fine.

Jeonghan had called her a while ago saying he'll arrive at the venue, she was eager to be in the arms of the love of her life. Responsibilities were being worn down on her but all she wanted was to be with him, no matter what happens today, she wanted him near, to reassure him that she'll always be there for him.

Her hasty decision to leave then, bothered her afterwards. Her home was hers indeed but home could also be a person and her person was him.

Staying apart from eachother only intensified their emotions, it gave them a lesson that even apart their hearts were with eachother. Never had Jeonghan wanted time to go fast like he wished in the past two months, he ended the days thinking about her and his days began with thoughts of her. Now they were going to reunite, all he wished was for her to be well and nothing unfortunate happens.

It was not only the couple who were nervous and elated for the evening, Ruth Sinclair sat in her car, tapping impatiently, she knew Seungcheol had an eye on her and she was going to talk things out with him, the thought often froze her.

Alessia Marino was looking forward to the event, who would catch her eye this time, she wanted to meet the guys who her friends had under their spell, who knows maybe she might find someone worth her attention.

This night was going to be the catalyst of new connections, revelations and realizations.