32

today was either going to be the worst day or the best day for heeseung and the entire student body of SNU.

yes finals were finally here. the excitement and anticipation was through the roof.

the rival team making bold entrances, the planning committee of SNU going all out to decorate the stadium.

cheerleaders from both teams learning new dances to rival out each other.

and there was the captain, making last minute changes in the team. benching a couple of their players and replacing them.

"heeseung is scary when he's stressed" gen walked up to her friend group, kissing her girlfriend on the forehead.

"is he really benching half the team?" jungwon looked worried, staring off into the distance where jay sat on the floor looking up as heeseung kept on talking.

"jay won't get benched trust me" gen reassured jungwon. niki sat behind sunoo, zoning out.

jake spotted sunghoon from his peripheral view coming into the stadium.

"i'll be back"

sprinting, jake managed to stop sunghoon before he joined the rest of the team.

the two talked for a couple minutes not realizing someone was glaring at them from afar.

"park!" heeseung shouted across the stadium. sunghoon bid goodbye to jake but before he made two steps forward heeseung called out again

"you're benched for this game"

jake looked at sunghoon. both confused. sunghoon was just as good of a player as jay was so why'd he just bench him.

sunghoon didn't want to start a fight so he just sat on the bench like he was told too.

jake was furious by his boyfriend's decision.

"heeseung!" jake cut through the team, pulling heeseung into the corner of the stadium.

"you benched sunghoon?"

heeseung let out a frustrated groan, throwing his head back combing his fingers through his hair.

"look jake if you're here to talk about him then leave"

jake noticed heeseung's frustration a week now. whenever they were in public heeseung would basically tell him to fuck off but behind the door of his aprtment heeseung wouldn't detach himself from jake's hip.

"but you can't cut people of the team like that!" jake argued.

"you really care about those 'people' or just one person jake" heeseung taunted, arms folded across his chest challenging jake.

"sunghoon is just a friend"

heeseung burst out laughing, "you may be my first relationship jake but i've watched so many fall apart because of that line"

heeseung took a step closer to the stunned jake, "i'm your boyfriend am i not jakey? this is my game and the whole time your blabbering with him and never once came to me"

"but you're busy-"

"not to talk to you. jake i'd drop oit of this game today if you asked me. don't you get it? i love you"

jake blinked away the new set of emotions he suddenly felt, "you're still benching alot of people"

"it's the only way to win"

"sunghoon is just as a good player as you" jake words fell back down his throat after that. heeseung looked mad.

"you're saying he's just like me? how jake? we have nothing in common. skills? personalities?"