*✿ 065

Next day,Morning

Next day,
Morning...

(Y/n)'s POV

The moment the cops arrived, commotion unfolded in the school premise. Students, teachers and family members who came to enjoy the school festival were bewildered by the unexpected visit of the cops. The headmaster himself  was unaware of the crime taking place in his school until he saw the cops walking into the school ground.

Shu was apprehended and sent to hospital to receive immediate treatment for his gun wound. I only suffered some bruises on my face so I refused doctor's consult. But my brothers insisted me to see doctor as precaution measure.

I informed the cops of the explosives planted around the school, as Shu had claimed, and it was proven to be a false claim. The headmaster nearly cancelled the entire cultural festival for everyone's safety but after some convincing from the cops and me, he called off his intention. I didn't want the students, especially the third-years, to miss out on the fun because of my personal issue. This year would be the last year for the third-years.

The cops played the biggest roles to ensure everything was safe to be continued. They even made sure to have some of their best officer to patrol the school for the last remaining days of the cultural festival.

I was interrogated by the cops as they couldn't figure out the other "attacker" who shot Shu in the leg. But as I had promised Yuto-san, I kept his identity anonymous. I simply told the cops that a "mysterious man" intervened and unintentionally "saved me". I know lying to the cops will have severe consequences on me in the future but I'm safe as long as they believe my made-up story.

I didn't know how long this lie would last. I was expecting Shu to expose the identity of his attacker but shockingly, he kept it quiet as well. So I took this as a sign that fate and luck are on my side.

I confronted my brothers about their deceased little sister but each of them genuinely had no idea of whatever I was talking about until I asked Dad.

Apparently, Mom was pregnant with a girl before I become part of their family. Mom refused to share this news with any family member, even her own children, as she believed the baby wouldn't survive due to her declining health condition. However, Shu somehow caught wind of it yet he didn't say a word to any of his brothers.

He was excited for the baby to be born, only for Mom to suffer miscarriage a few weeks later. At that time, Dad was having an important conference so he couldn't be there for Mom. Shu hated Dad since that day and shifted all the blames to him for being "an irresponsible husband".

Then the adoption followed suit a couple of weeks after Mom's miscarriage and I joined the Sakamaki family.

Shu was still greatly grieving at that time so it was difficult for him to accept me. He rejected me as his adopted little sister. Then more twisted misunderstandings arose due to miscommunication between Shu and Dad. This strained their relationship grievously.