Chapter 2: Heath

I never thought I would see her again. I wanted to, God I wanted to. I look over at my friend Neil and he arches a brow.

"Are you going to ever tell her what really happened in high school?" He asks sipping on his beer.

"I don't know." I mutter. "I don't think she would hear it." I answer and he scoffs.

"She'll hear it. It's why she left, right?" He asks.

"No, she was always going to leave. She never liked this town." I speak.

"She talked to me a bit before she left." He blurts and I arch a brow in question. "She needed someone to talk to." He finishes rolling his eyes.

"How could you never tell me you talked to my girlfriend?" I blurt and he shakes his head.

"She was your ex at the time first of all." His eyes turn a red. "I never understood why you hurt her like that." He mutters.

"You think I wanted too?!" I ask.

"Let's not talk about high school drama in a middle of the pub she now works at, okay?" His voice gets really low and I nod. "She talked to me about leaving but she only ever said she was going to leave because of the drama." He answers.

"Let's just eat and get back to the office." I mutter.

"Let's." He agrees.

"We are going to talk about this." I whisper.

"We are." He nods taking a sip of the beer sitting in front of him.

She needs to understand why I did what I did, I know. I will tell her if she will hear it. Since that the bitch that fucking blackmailed me has been long gone, I have been wanting to reach out. I never knew how I was ever going to tell her. She was the only woman I ever really loved. The first person I ever uttered those words too, and I should have never hurt her. Ever.