Chapter Forty

It was around 11 o'clock in the morning when Layla finally rolled out of bed and head to her toilet for her morning routine.

When she was done, she headed to the kitchen for her breakfast. She feels lightweight, happy and relaxed. And a little bit chirpy.

Is being a while, much more than a while, the last time she has felt like this. She can't even remember exactly, maybe when she gave birth to Miemie or even long before that.

Layla picked a mango and some oranges from the fridge and start pealing it which she ended up bleanding to make juice.

She doesn't have much of an appetite which is why she usual settled for Mango juice.

Beside, what she is really craving is miyan zogale with so much granded groundnut and of course tuwon shinkafa, that too the one that is cooked by Inna.

Layla poured the juice in a jug before she fetched some in a rubber cup, then put it inside the freezer before she headed to her parlor holding the cup in her hand.

Layla took a sip after settling in the couch, she stretched her legs to the center table then place her laptop on top intending to get some work done, only the tail of her hair which mistakenly fall inside her drink remind her of the source of her happiness once again.

Bringing a blush to her face, just between yesterday night and this morning, she has ran her hands through it more than she has done her entire life.

She doesn't know what happened or what even came over her. But as stupid as it sounds she ended up staying over at Jawad's and well...thing happened, including Jawad loosing her hair which by the way was big 10 braids.

He has never ceased to empathize just how stunning she is with her hair loose and down and while she lay on his chest listening to his erratic heartbeat, he ended up lossing them to the very last one.

Not to talk of him, leaving her for 30mnis just to go and buy a comb, brushes and hair cream, and of course hair oils which he used on her hair.

He took his time styling it, which turned out beautifully and Layla has never loved her hair more more than she does now.

They drove together in her car holding hands until she reached home, then he call an Uber which he uses to go back to his place.

Layla knew deep down that this is messed up, everything, her whole life is messed up but for the first time, she is letting herself enjoy the messed in her life which she created for herself.

She intend to enjoy this new found happiness as long as it last, the problems will solve themselves in time, cause she is done worrying about it.

Half way through the exams question, she heard the sound of the gate being opened and not a second later is followed by a scorching sound of car.

Knowing that she wasn't expecting anyone, Layla pressed her lip nonchalantly while she continues her work knowing it has to be the owner of the house.

But not up to 3 minutes later, she was startled by the furious shoved of the car door, followed by the front door which made Layla to sighed blinking her eyes, his money she thought going back to her work.

"Layla...." Abdulazeez's roar which startled Layla as she glanced at the door but nonetheless took her gaze back to her laptop since she can't think of anything she has done to deserve his raging voice over her head.

The way he stormed into her parlor was actually what alarmed Layla as she settled her eyes calmly at him.

He didn't look just angry but enraged giving her those murderous look without any thoughts or reason.