Chapter Twenty One

"Aunty Layla please tell me that guy is single..." Hauwa mumbles as soon as Layla step out of the bathroom.

"Which guy?" Layla asked taken aback by Hauwa's enthusiasm while she looked for a small towel, which she uses to clean the water from her face.

"Daada said he is your driver? Is he really your driver?" Hauwa asked not able to hide her curiosity that's when it occur to Layla whom Hauwa is taking about.

Layla scoffed finding the situation rather funny as she look at her cousin whom is clearly smitten by Jawad.

"Please please please Aunty Layla...?" Hauwa went on exaperately folding her hands in front of her "Can you introduce us...?"

"Hauwa..." Layla cut her off rolling her eyes with a faint smile on her face. "He is married." She deadpan looking damn serious.

And immediately Hauwa losses the smile on her face while Layla looked at the other side guilty as hell.

She dropped the face towel she was holding, then moved to the dresser where her handbag is kept just to make herself look busy all in attempt to avoid Hauwa's question.

"I wouldn't mind going as a second wife..." The look that Layla snapped her way is what made her to swallow the rest of her voice.

Layla stood straight, fixing her eye on her cousins while she try to control the raging anger she felt surging within her.

"Trust me Hauwa, you don't want anything to do with that guy..." Layla warned in a stern voice. "His wife will literally skin you alive if you simply glance his way talkless of wanting to be her co-wife."

The lie just came out naturally as Layla straighten her stand standing directly in front of her cousin.

She watched as all the excitement in her suddenly vanished which was replaced by a clear sadness.

Layla couldn't help than let a triumph smile as she turn back to the dresser, running her hand through her handbag for no particular reason.

"I don't blame her for a second..." Hauwa's sad voice echo through the room. "I would do the same or worst if he where to be my husband."

"Isn't your wedding coming up?" Layla asked in confusion cause it suddenly occured to her, her cousin is engaged or was engaged.

"The engagement fall through..." Hauwa mumbles freely. "We had some issues and well..." Hauwa trail tilting her her head sadly.

"His Mother doesn't like me anyway, she wants him to marry her niece." She confessed.

Layla suddenly feel bad for how she reacted. Hauwa may not even be serious about Jawad why in the hell did she get that defensive about it.

"Am sorry..." Layla sympathize sincerely while she sat next to Hauwa at the edge of the bed.

"Don't be..." Hauwa interrupts immediately while hiding the tears that already gather on her eyes.

Layla sighed feeling extremely bad now before she slowly raise her hand to Hauwa's shoulders, patting her slowly.

She let Hauwa shades her tears as she wants while she sat there quietly watching. She let her cried as she want, not interupting her until she stop herself.

"Sorry..." She apologized between chuckles while wiping her tears with the edge of her veil. "I most look pathetic to you..."

"No don't ever say that..." Layla snapped instantly. "I understand you perfectly."

"I doubt that..." Hauwa disagree with a sniffles. "You're very lucky Aunty Layla you know that right..."

With Hauwa's words, Layla rose her brows, totally speachless as she listen to the absurd things she is saying.