Chapter Twelve

Abdul went into the toilet as he kept on blabbing about his day while Layla felt as if her heart is being rip apart for the thousands times.

What did Abdul tell Umaima about her for Umaima to act like this cause Layla is certain Abdul has no idea what is on his clothe.

Abdul is everything but he is not the one to go out of his way just to annoy or show off like this knowing it will hurt the person on the receiving end, if he wants to hurt you, he do it straight forward.

And more importantly, Abdul calls her every single day since he felt for Kano and sometimes he call her for the pettiers of reasons which she understand is his way of showing his concerns.

Sometimes three times a day and sometimes up to 5 or even 6 times a day. And even then she understands that Umaima might feel heartbroken by that cause obviously she is the new bride that is if he does it in front of her cause Layla is not sure where he calls her from.

But still for Umaima to do this, that shows just how shallow she is. Just because he is married to her and they are on their honeymoon phase does she expects him to just ignore her and pretend she doesn't exist.

"Layla where is my shaver." His voice coming from the bathroom broke through Layla's thought.

Layla rolled her eyes trying her best to block his voice ringing inside her head which proven to be impossible.

And that's another problem of Abdul, sometimes she wonders if he doesn't look at her face at all to see the state she is in before he went on with his routines.

How can he just pass her looking like this and still don't know that she is not alright?

His voice rang again for the second time at the same time she heard the toilet door being open which made her to fix her bloodshot eyes on him as he stood with a towel holding him from waist down.

"David joked about me getting a stubble today..." He went on with his hand on his chin. "I think I haven't shaved for like a week..."

Abdul end up swallowing the rest of his statement as his eyes properly got fixed on her, she doesn't just look sad, she looks hurt too with her whole face decorated with tears.

AbdulAzeez swallow a huge lump on his throat as he took a step away from the toilet.

"Are you okay?" He asked his voice laced with concerned. "What happened?"

Layla let out a pathetic chuckles as her eyes drop on the pile of clothes in front of her. How ironic. Is now he finally realized that she doesn't looked okay.

He came into the room, even stood next to her while he kept on talking before he went into the toilet and all this while he didn't find the need to spare her a glance to she see the way she look.

"Layla..." His voice became soft Layla realize as his hand made contact with hers while he sat down next to her, but as he touched her she felt as if thousands bolts of electricity was actually what made contact with her hand which made her to snatch it as she quickly got on her feet.

Layla directly dash to the door, knowing she needs her sanity if she where to have the strength to deal with whatever this is, and letting Abdul sat down next to her to console her when he doesn't even know her reasons will definitely not do the trick.

                              ****

"Hey..." Abdul called concerned as soon as he answered her Salam.

Layla force a smile on her face as she push the door behind her scanning the room, he has gotten rid of the clothe which she left there.

She heard him knocking on her door when she storm out of the room and went to the toilet directly to have her shower.