Chapter Seventeen

The days blurr by in a blink of an eye. Days turning to weeks and weeks into months.

Layla decided to focus all her energy to her job seeing that nothing is getting better between her and Abdul.

To make everything worst, he even moved to Kano, for work as he said, since their law firm there is still new and under development, he took the job saying there is no one to do it better than him, now he only comes to Kaduna for weekend.

Even the weekend, not so much cause he finds one excuse or the other every week to tell her. Sometimes it took him at least 3 weeks before he comes and even if he does that's how he will be acting grumpy and angry until he leaves.

To be honest, sometimes she prefers that he doesn't come at all than come and show her just how much he despised coming.

So she did the only thing she knew will benefit her, that's marry her job and give it her all while Abdul on the other hand, is living his best life next to the love of his life Umaima.

As for Jawad, well Jawad decided to avoid Layla at all course, the only time they meet is when they're having staff meeting and even then he does as much as he could to avoid her.

It seems like after their little fight or it is disagreement, their relationship has taken a step back with all of them deciding to mind their business.

And today, after the dark night and people work up to a beautiful morning, Layla's morning prove to be darker than even the darkest of night.

Cause today, she woke up with a call from her mother inlaw whom nicely informed her of the fact her Umaima is 3 months pregnant.

****

Layla majestically walk into the open kitchen. She picked a cup, standing next to the fridge getting water from it.

Gulping down the entire contain, she release a sigh while leaning on the fridge.

Raising her head to the huge chandelier hug above, Layla release another frustrated groan while closing her eyes.

She came here hoping to clear her head and grasp back to reality but even after 4hours of soaking herself in the jacuzzi with cold water while pouring expensive bottles of hair wash and all sort of body wash, she feels nothing sort of calm.

Maybe even more lost than she came. Transferring her eyes to the wall clock hug above the giant curve television, is pass 4pm already.

She roll her eyes thinking maybe she shouldn't have cancel her class for today. The lectures may have been a better distraction that the bath.

Layla took a deep breath, walking away from the fridge while she drag the towel holding her hair making the long wavy tail fall across her expose back.

Her hair is still very wet with water still dripping from it and the cold from the air-conditioner is also increasing the impact on her body but at this point she doesn't mind catching cold, is actually the least of her concerns.

She sat down on the sofa, picking her phone which she so nicely put on flightmood when she got here while making a mental note to get towels here the next time she is coming.

The one she currently has on is small, barely covering her thighs which she also got from Jawad's bathroom.

Not that she went through his personal space or anything, she found them on the counter in his bathroom and she is planning on going with them and replacing them with new ones.

Picking her handbag which she dropped on the carpeted floor, her phone started buzzing from the center table, indicating she had a message.

It went on for almost two minutes but since she wasn't in a hurry, Layla took her time bringing out small bottle of her pills as she stood up and went back to the kitchen.