Chapter Fourty Five

Abdulazeez casually stride out of his office slowing down a bit to glanced by his secretary for a split second.

He took a deep breath, picking up his pace as he headed directly to the elevator to the bafflement of Mansur whom quickly got up from his chair, the chair hitting the floor in the process.

"You can't leave yet..." He blurted out all serious trailing him hot on his track.

Abdulazeez stopped by the elevator then pressed the button before he glanced at Mansur yet again then asked. "Is that a command or an advise?"

"No..." Mansur trail tiredly. His boss's behavior ever since he resumed work is seriously getting to him.

"You have tonshit of people to see...about..." He trailed off, looking at Abdulazeez through his lashes as if afraid he will disappear once he look down. "Yeah 15 of them for today...."

He mumbled, his eyes still scanning through the tablet in his hand. "And one with Mrs Edward in about 5 minutes whom I believe is in the building already."

"Reschedule it." Abdulazeez blurted out almost immediately without a second thought as he shrugged nonchalantly.

Mansur tilt his head worried to the brim, like he said, his boss's behavior is concerning.

"I can't!" He deadpan sincerely standing still with both hands fold in front of him.

Abdulazeez turned directly and faces Mansur, his face contain a small scowl cause this could very well be the first time Mansur is undermining his authority in such a haze.
"The last time I remembered I am still the boss..."

"Yesss..." Mansur didn't squirm as he answered him. "But I do get in trouble whenever you fail to do your job. Plus you have just gotten back to work after your unplanned two weeks vacation, so yeah...your schedule is full to the next month."

Abdulazeez sighed knowing how true Mansur's words are but he too, he is helpless in this situation. Is not that he doesn't want to do it, he just cannot do it, he has lost the ability for anything in a while.

"Don't worry..." Abdulazeez trail taking his gaze back to the elevator that just ding. "You surely are going to get bonus of all the trouble."

With that, he stepped in not giving Mansur as much as regards while he pressed the button on the elevator unapologetically.

He went straight down to the ground floor where his car is parked then hopped in and swiftly drove out of the building that's after switching off his two phones cause he doesn't want anyone disturbing him.

As usual, he drove to his house, his and Layla's house to be precise. He doesn't  know why but ever since she left, he find himself spending more and more time here definitely thinking of her.

He entered the dead quiet and dark house and even then he didn't bother switching on the light. He stride directly to the kitchen and got a bottle of water from the fridge before he turned and took his way to her room

Abdulazeez pushed the door opened then lean on it. Is just around 1 o'clock in the afternoon but still the room looked as dark as the night cause all the windows are lock, the curtains down too.

The only ones that she enjoy opening and siting beside is the one in his room, that one too is because it brings the scent of the fresh flowers she plant in her miny garden, plus she can watched Miemie playing from there whenever she doesn't want to join her.

Another one of Layla's habit that he had actually adapt to, if it is not necessary, she doesn't open her windows at all and even though that can cause the lost of ventilation, she have a way of making the house feel okay cause you don't feel it at all.