Chapter Thirty Two

Jawad aimlessly drove around the city for over an hour in an attempt to find her but was proven futile. He has called her line like dozens times already which went on unanswered.

The way she stormed of the house he feared anything bad happening to her cause he is not even sure she would be able to drive in her state.

When Azeez received a text from her that Ammi want to see them together at their place. He and Azeez was on their way back to his house after visiting one of their mutual friend who is also a cousin of his that his wife recently put to bed.

Azeez immediately asked him to stopped by the house and the reason for that is for Ammi, and even though Jawad hated the idea like he hate his death, he still drove him there and decided to enter and greet Ammi since he is sure Azeez may have mentioned that they're together.

But to their greatest surprised, only for them to entered the house and hear the voice of Layla at the verge of tears which made them to both rushed to the room.

And when Jawad understood whom she is talking to, and the issue they're discussing. He stepped back deciding to leave the house and that's when he heard about Azeez slapping her.

And that moment, the surge of anger he felt, he is sure if Layla wasn't in that situation, they might have ended up regretting it.

He understands everything, at least he tries to, but what he still could not wrapped his head around is how Azeez will raise his hand on Layla and for what?

Because she decided to end the job that she thinks is driving them further away from each other.

Jawad hissed for the umteempth times with his fingers furiously hitting the steering wheel as he thought of where to find her.

He stopped by the gate, giving them the gate pass while rasing his hand for the man greeting him as he took off, but as soon as he reached the main road, he stopped contemplating of his next move.

Taking a leap for faith, the turned to his left and continue driving. She hasn't gone to the house since she met him there to talk about the seminar.

Is more like she has stopped going there, but still he thought it wouldn't hurt to check,  incase she still doesn't have anywhere else to go.

And low and behold, he caught the glimpse of her car as soon as he approached the gate and that moment, Jawad knew that he will never loved another the way he loves this woman whom is clearly forbidden for him.

The way his heart skipped a beat by the mare sight of her car with feeling of emersed happiness which he has now word to describe as he further accelerated his car wanting to see her face just so he could have peace of mind.

But then, the way he saw her car opened is what made his heart leap to his knee with his happiness disappearing as quickly as it came, this time terrified while he imagine of sort of things that could happened to her.

Jawad quickly parked his own car and jump out of it immediately, rushing to her car which is fortunately empty, he closed the door before he rushed inside the house.

The first thing Jawad found at the foyer was her veil which he picked up and found it damp with an unpleasant smell coming from it and by this time, Jawad has lose faith and he further rushed into the house.

A heartbroken gasps came out of his mouth as soon as he sighed her, laying on her stomach just next to coffee chairs in a pool of her own vomit, and her phone ringing next to her.

From all indication, she fall down as soon as she got inside the house
Without thinking twice, he rushed to her, dropping on his knee, shaking her and frantically calling her name.