Chapter Twenty Seven

The ray of sunshine cascaded inside the room through the huge window and since is December, the morning glow wasn't hot, rather a bit warm with the gentle wind blowing the curtains.

Even though the room is a bit faraway from the sea you could still hear the movement of the waves especially when the wind blows stronger.

And the cold didn't stop them from turning on the air conditioner in the room.

The nonstop buzzing of a phone is what finally made Layla to open her one eye half asleep, the sound wasn't loud but surely intrupting her sound sleep which made her to groan, lying on her stomach.

And when it died down for a bit it, she continued her sleep not giving a care in the world. But not less than a minute, it started buzzing again which made her to groan loudly this time, while throwing her legs on the air.

After she waited for what seems like forever with the sound not ready to stop, she finally snapped her eyes opened while turning to her back as her eyes scan the room, adjusting to the brightness of it.

Layla sighed in relief when the sound stopped closing back her eyes with her hand pushing some strain of hair from her face.

The sound of the wave from the ocean hit her ears, which made a smile to find her face while thinking she could get use to waking up everyday like this.

She adjusted back on the bed, dragging another pillow to add between her head and hand when the buzzing started yet again.

This time, Layla hissed loudly before she fling the duvet then dropped her legs to the tiled floor and she almost took them back to the bed because of the cold but she forced herself and stride to the dressing mirror where her phone is.

Seeing the caller immediately made her body to start trembling as the events of the previous night rushed back to her head.

Layla turned and scan the room one more time, is not that she has forgotten, no is far from it but seeing her husband calls, whom never bothered calling her since her arrival send some chill down her spine.

What could he possibly want this early morning after she spend the night with his friend.

Beside, how can she answered his phone call when her whole body, still smell like this friend, not just her body, the whole room has his strong scent lingering on the air.

The line went dead yet again, which made Layla to pick the phone with her trembling hands but ended up slumping on the carpeted floor when it started buzzing yet again.

She wimpers out, sited on her butts with her unblinking gaze on it. Taking a deep calming breath, she picked up the phone that also dropped on the floor before she swiftly answered it.

"Where the hell have you been?" His sharp irritating voice rang deep inside her which made her to quickly remove it from her ear.

"I have called countless times already, I had to call Jawad when you wouldn't pick you calls..." He rants clearly irritated which made Layla to inhaled sharply, her own frustration getting the best of her.

"Why are you calling me this early morning? Shouldn't you be sleeping next to your pregnant wife? Not that you even bothered to asked whether we reach here safely or how the presentation is going all this while..." Layla blurted out before she could stop herself.

"What are you going on about..." He mumbled nonchalantly from the other end. "Are you coming back today...?" He asked straightforward.

Layla closed her eyes not wanting to say something she will regret before she snapped it open. "Am not sure..."