Chapter Twenty Nine

The cold air gently coming out of the fan, glued on the ceiling suddenly becoming hot to Umma which made sweat to start coming out of her body.

Her throat dried and her body trembling in fear and confusion. She did the only thing she is capable of, which is snatched the bottle of water she brought for her guest, draining half the contain in a go before she sighed dropping back the bottle.

Both the women looked anything both calm. Sited across from each other while thinking of the best way to tackle this new problem trying to create a rift between the two families.

Ammi also took a deep worried breath. Thinking of the best cause of action. She had cracked her brain, for more than a week now, hoping she comes up with something and wishing that her son will magically charmed his way back to his wife's heart so that she forgets all her reason for hating and wanting to leave him.

But sadly enough, all this while Abdulazeez disclosured to her just yesterday night that if anything, Layla is more determine to get a divorce from him than anything and he doesn't know what to do to stop her.

For the first time in her life Abdulazeez came to her desperate for something, desperate that she made Layla change her mind cause he doesn't know what to do, at first she was reluctant.

Going as far as ignoring him, telling him to solve his problems which he created by himself cause she will do as Layla wishes once the one month she gave her to think about her decision once more comes to an end.

But when Abdulazeez went as far as being on his knee, crying to her, begging her for help, she panic cause for whatever is worth, she can't see her kid suffers for something she definitely have a control of.

Ammi sighed knowing from the look on Umma's face. She just knew that things might not go according to her plan.

"I thought they're happy now..." Umma started in great difficulty. She shrugged then went on with "At least they're not having any issue since she didn't complain to me for a while now..."

"Same here." Ammi chipped in almost immediately. "I never anticipation anything like this. If anything, Layla looks happy so I assumed all is well now."

"And what did Abdul said about this?" She asked dreading to hear the respond a her son in law.

Ammi inhaled deeply, redirecting her eyes back on Umma.

"I don't think I have to say anything. You know Abdul, he loves your daughter very much, he loves Layla, even if he doesn't show it, by Allah, we all know he loves her.

"Yesterday he broke down in front of me, begging me to do something about it. To help him convince Layla to stop talking about divorce but I promised Layla that I will back her this time around whatever her decision end up to be."

Ammi explained her owned side of the story as best as she could. Layla didn't tell her the reason she wanted the divorce and she didn't bothered to ask knowing whatever she said will definitely be against Abdulazeez.

Not that she will not believe her, she will 1000%. And when she asked Abdulazeez, he couldn't come up with a concrete answer which is why she adviced him to go and fixed this issue however he could.

Umma was quiet for a while, as she taps on her foot on the carpeted floor. She looked at Ammi then asked
"Why will you say that?"

"Clearly I underestimated the situation." Ammi mumbled worriedly. "I thought she was just angry at Abdul for something he definitely did trying to bring some sense into him."

"You know Layla doesn't take a decision on impulse..." Umma let out while folding her hands in frustration. Knowing who her daughter is, she knew between her and her God that Layla will not back away easily.