Chapter Forty One

They've become more like acquittance instead of best friends this pass few months. When Azeez lost his child, he was there, he did the little he could do and he was glad no one noticed how distant they're from each other.

And his wedding,.it was a short gone wedding and since he knew Azeez was still grieving for the lost of his child, he didn't invite him to the formal introduction which he wasn't supposed to go but was forced to anyway by his Father.

With three of his cousins that are living in Abuja. They're the only friends he had on attendance not that he have much friends to begin with.

Now that he thinks about it, he is sure Azeez didn't even congratulate him on the wedding, not that he cares or it matters but it just showed how much their relationship has changed.

Beside, Azeez was still mourning for his child when it happened so is understandable that it might have skipped his mind.

"Excuse me..." Jawad called the attention of the first male nurse he saw as soon as he walked into the emergency room which unlike everyday is less crowded and less busy or it might simply be because this is one of the 1% private hospitals in all of kaduna.

As the nurse stood with all his attention waiting for Jawad's questions, Jawad suddenly lost his voice not sure what he should asked since he doesn't even know what is going on. Azeez only called and asked him to meet him here.

Nonetheless, he cleared his voice after he looked around the room and didn't sight anyone that resembles Azeez.

"Am looking for a guy named..."

"Jawad..." That caught both their attention as they turned almost at the same time and Jawad used that moment to give his friend a quick scan and from his conclusion, Azeez is health and healthy.

"Azeez. Thank you..." Jawad murmured both at his friend as he took a step then glanced at the nurse to thank him before he headed to where Abdulazeez stood, by the door at the end of the long hallway.

"What happened. Why are you here." He asked concerned coming to a stop in front of Abdulazeez.

Abdulazeez sighed raising his brows before he moved giving way to Jawad whom walk pass him through the private room.

"Am glad you're here man..." Abdulazeez mumbled in relief as soon as they walk inside the room which made Jawad to turned his gaze to Abdulazeez in confusion.

He tilt his head back to the single bed inside the room but couldn't make out a face since the person is facing them with their back.

"I need a favor and you're the only one I could trust...." Abdulazeez went straight to the point cause he doesn't have time to explain.

Jawad instantly nod his head in agreement, seeing how disturbed Azeez looked he didn't bother to ask what is going on.

Talking a deep breath, Abdulazeez tilt his head to the bed then said.
"I need you to stay here with her while I take care of this..." He mumbled raising Layla's phone to Jawad's face.

"What's that...?" Jawad asked with suspicious cause the phone looked so familiar and what confirm his suspicion was the pouch of the phone which is exactly the same as his cause he is the one that brought it for her but in different color.

"Layla's phone..." Abdulazeez blurted out at once, bending his head to try opening the phone once more. "She didn't use her finger print and I have to crack it open whatever the cost today."

He explained transfering his gaze back to his friend while he slips the phone back inside his pocket.

Jawad stood still, looking at his friend cautionly.
"Why?" He asked after a brief silence.