Chapter Fourteen

They sat to an unsettling silence with everyone of them having different things on their mind. For Layla, she is chatting with her family in their group while she jist them the new ordel she found herself in.

As for Umaima, she also have her face buried on her phone doing only God knows what but Layla wouldn't be surprise if someone said she is currently discussing about her with whoever it is on the other side just like she is doing.

For Abdul, he left the house after having his meal to his parents house as he said and is after magrib already.

So she sat down waiting, patiently waiting cause she made herself very clear to him and if he underestimate her, she will surely surprise him.

Layla glanced Umaima's way, whom sat adjacent to her on a sofa far away from her.

She is dressed in a fitted material gown and she looks good in it with the color of baby pink complimenting her fair skin while Layla is in material PJs set, with the shirt reaching her knee and a veil on her head.

The silence was unsettling but it seems non of them care about it as the only word they change was when Umaima gasps which made Layla to turn her way as she passed her to her chair.

"Jaana told me you have a very long her but I never imagined it to be this long." She commented sweetly with her eyes still on Layla's exposed hair.

That's when it occurred to Layla that the veil she used to cover her hair has slipped, she currently have all back plaited, in a medium size and the tail are braided together which is dangling on her back.

"It is!" Layla mumbles nodding her head cause she have no idea what she is supposed to answer her with.

"Do you perhaps have relation with shuwa or fulani's cause is very unlikely having long, shinny black hair if you're not from one of this tribes?"

"Sudan." Layla found herself saying before she added with a polite smile. "Sudanese Arab. My grandma is from there."

Umaima seem genuinely curious and like she really have no clue at. But even if she where to be acting she appreciates the fact that the girl is straight with her.

And that's how it continued, with Umaima asking things mostly about the family everynow and then.

Layla did answered all of her questions honestly, but some part of her wished she doesn't have too, cause to her this is another torture on it's own.

Her co-wife coming to her own house acting as if they where long lost sisters or cousin that are forced to stay together cause they don't have choice.

And along the line, she simply stopped replying thank God to the assignment that was submitted through her Gmail.

It was exactly after 8 when they heard the entrance of a car into the compound and Layla knew without a doubt who the person is.

And not less than 5minutes they appreared in front of her, only she didn't anticipate the person he is with.

"The Director himself..." Layla trail surprised written all over her face. The last time she has seen him was the day he took her to his house.

And from there on, they haven't seen or even spoken to each other through the phone.

Jawad stood stuck by the door seeing the two individuals sitted at each corner of the parlor. Women, with one look you clearly know that they're co-wife.

"What a pleasant surprise." Jawad mumbles, his knowing glare fixed on Azeez's own which made Abdulazeez to clear his voice avoiding Jawad's gaze.

Between the two of them, Azeez just knew that if he had told Jawad that Umaima is here, he wouldn't have come.