Chapter Eighteen

The sky is thick with the growing storm that kept on increasing every second making the whole place dark that you might mistake it for a night.

Even though the storm made the sky dark, the glowing light of the twilight is still reflecting, shining brightly on the down part of the storm creating this enchanting scenery that will definitely put a smile on everyone's face.

But sadly, not Layla's whom sighed before she took the turn to her house.

The day kinda blur by in a blink of an eye and is evening already which is relatively good cause at least she will find her solance in the darkness of the night.

Ever since she was a teenager, she has always being a night person. She loves night and especially when the moon and the stars are out, then surely she might end up sleeping by the window staring at them.

Definitely after fighting with her siblings for letting both the window and the curtains wide open so when they both got married, it became perfect for her.

She has always being intrigue by nature and the darkness and calmness that comes with the night, whispering secrets the mouth could not, that is her favorite time of all times.

As she drove inside the house waving slightly at Mal Isah's way before she reached her front porch, not even bothering to park the car on the parking area since Abdul is not around.

She has no one to give her earful about where her car is supposed to be.

Layla got out of the car and took her handbag with her which she searches her key from before she approached the front door.

But as soon as she does, the memory of this morning flash in her head which made her to stop dead on her track cause is becoming more clear as if it is happening all over again.

Layla swallow a lump down her throat as her whole body started trembling. She took a step back, then another clutching on to her gown with her free hand.

Her legs moved involuntarily to the direction of her back door at the same time she heard movement from the inside which made her to turn to it while the door was swung wide open.

A shocking gasps escape Layla's lip as her eyes made contact with the person standing by it sending daggers her way.

Is not the weekend yet. Almost but still Thursdays. That's first thing that rang inside her head. Although he wasn't here last weekend, part of her wasn't expecting him this week either.

Did Jawad said something? At the thought of the man, Layla visibly flinched while looking far behind Abdul to the patio and even though she couldn't see the place fully, the image become crystal clear in her head which made her to shut her eyes tight before she turn running to the back door.

Which is exactly what she did when she was leaving in the morning cause she couldn't bare going back to the patio again.

Layla slumps on the ottoman in front of her bed without even bothering to remove her bag and veil. She heave a sighed as her mind flash back to this morning yet again which made her to shut her eyes close tightly.

Throughout the day, she couldn't concentrate. Thank God she didn't have any lectures schedule for the day which is why she went to their house and spend the day, hoping by the time she comes back she will forget everything.

But that didn't work either since Umma and Shuraim are both not at home, so she basically spend the day surfing the net while tossing and turning on the bed.

And now here she is....

"Layla..." The way he roars her name is what made Layla to quickly rose her head startled by his voice.