Chapter Fourty Nine

The none stop buzzing of his phone cut deep through his mind where his whole attention has disappeared to. Jawad rose his head from the book in his hand glancing around to find the source of his disturbance.

He looked at the time on his wrist watch then let out a small hiss while his hand ran over his closed eyes.

Is 5 o'clock in the evening already. Not that he has much to do, more like nothing to do. But he stayed in the office to give Layla space which she needed although she told him she will be going over to her mother's house.

He doesn't know what happened but for the passed two days now, she has being acting awkward. Always deep in her thoughts or mumbling some incoherent words, few other times she burst into uncontrollably sobs and the only thing he could do was hold her and console her.

The first time it happened, he was so worried but couldn't ask her anything cause she slept right after so the next day when he raised the issue, she brushed it off assuring him she just remembered her Dad.

He respected her and didn't press further only for her to repeat it again and refuse to tell him what the problem is. He has honestly lost count of how many times he reassured her that she could tell him anything and nothing will make him leave her side.

He doesn't know what to do to make her trust him enough to share of her problems with him and that honestly frustrate the hell out of him.

Apart from the sudden mood swings she developed, every other thing is perfect. They're living their best life while waiting for Layla to finish her iddah cause the very next day they're going to get married.

They already set all their plans, Jawad will have his cousin stand in for him as his walli while Layla said she will do all she could to convince her brother Shuraim to stand in for her, although it will definitely not be easy.

According to her as soon as the nikkah is done, Shuraim will surely tell their mother so they have to make sure the marriage in done even if they have to put gun on Shuraim's head.

Which actually Jawad ended up laughing at then told her it will definitely not reach that. He will try and convince Shuraim if he has to himself.

Jawad let out a sound chucked just thinking of their times together, and thinking about her only made him to miss her more which made him to keep the book on the table having only one thought in his head, he have to see her.

Layla is the only woman in his life capable of making him like this, blinded and too crazy by the mare thoughts of her.

Jawad energetically jog down the few steps to his desk. He turned off his laptop first, then picked his phones and both the car and office key.

It didn't have any work, he just decided to come here to clear his head especially after some baseless disagreement with Mommy.

Truth be told, he completely forget about Nabila's existence and Nabila helped in a way, cause she doesn't call him anymore which he didn't even notice until Mommy pointed out.

One thing that is clear is, when he is with Layla, only few things matters and he remembers even fewer things which is why they both decided to get married as soon as her Iddah is complete that way, they could opposed all they want and finally keep quiet.

But now, Mommy is insisting that Nabila should come back to have the wedding festivities together with Hafsa and after conveyance of the bride to their homes, she can go back, they can go back together as Mommy said.

She already talked with Daddy so he will be relieved of all his duties until he is back with her when she is done with her course which is like 3months from now.