Chapter Fourty Six

It's awkward, very awkward, much more awkward that Layla has ever
anticipated. Not for the first time today, she is regreting her decision for coming.

As snubbish as some of Abdulazeez family are, she has finally meet more snubbs and entitled people in her life.

Although every single one of them where warm and welcoming, pretending to know her as rich people do, still she couldn't be comfortable with them.

It was like this from the beginning of her marriage with Abdulazeez whenever she visit the family but with time, they started to relate with each other and yeah, she became a family.

For a moment it made her wonders what it will be like if she married Jawad. Today she is here because of Abdulazeez and then next time she will come as Jawad's wife.

Well the thought alone was enough to make her feel awkward and uncomfortable.

As if that wasn't enough, Adda Fatima, Nabila's older sister is also here. Whom Marwa was kind enough to introduce her too.

And surprisingly enough, she found the woman staring at her every now and again which is odd cause they all look like they couldn't give shit who she is.

Beside she and Rashida seems to be besties, weather they knew each other before or not, Layla has no idea nor does she care.

She sat there, pressing her phone with a small smile tugged on her lip while listening to their conversions and she couldn't relete to it, she didn't bother to utter a word.

One thing Layla realize just for the two hours spend there was the fact that Jawad came from a very long generation of old money.

Same with Abdulazeez, but Jawad seems to be on another level entirely.

What surprised Layla more it that fact that they all flew in from different part of the country just to receive lefe then how is the wedding is going to be?

Is like taking attendance, as Humaira puts it. The rich events is for taking attendance and knowing who is your ally whose favor you owned.

"Look at this Hamida..." Marwa, Jawad's immediate whom is sitted next to Layla also, the only person that kept her company ever since her arrival.

And that caught the attention of half of the occupant of the room cause she is actually holding on to Layla's Abaya.

"Isn't it the same with Mommy's?" She added still holding the hand that has the design while looking at her sister whom looked curious as she stood in front of them.

Layla didn't know whether to be happy or sad now that the whole attention of the people are on her, even the ones that didn't bother before are now looking at her.

"Wasn't it a costume made from hanayen?" Came Hamida's thoughtful voice as she sat at the other side of Layla analysis the cloth with her eyes and hand.

"Yes...A never seen design from their achieve and only one could be made..." Marwa trailed thrilled and curious at the same time.

"I reach out to them myself cause I wanted it but they reject me and insist I choose another one. But if another is made..." She rose her brow excited as Layla watch her dumbfounded wondering how many designer Abaya she owned and can afford but is excited about one that she can't even hide it.

Which by way she has to thank Jawad for cause he is the reason she is in this situation. He got her the Abaya and she has no suitable cloth for this occasion and is not that she could go back home and get her things.

"Surely either Ya Jawad or Ya Abdulazeez had it made first and informed the other person.." Hamida's thoughtful voice rang inside Layla's head as she watch her relaxes back on the sofa.