Chapter Thirty Nine

"Yup...9..." The middle age man trail his eyes from his computer to Layla through his glasses. "You're 9 weeks pregnant." He reaffirmed his words to the horror of Layla.

A silent gasps escape Layla's lip as she look down with her whole body trembling, especially her hand which she clutched together to avoid the kee eyes of the medical practitioner from thinking something is wrong.

"It can't be." She retro in a trembling voice looking at him in the face. "It has to be 3 weeks or a month...but definitely not two months..."

It just came out without her even realizing. And at this moment she knew the Doctor will be suspicious of her reaction cause he looked damn confused.

Layla closed her eyes trying to calm herself seeing the weird look he is sending her way.

"I..." She trail her voice breaking. "Can we run the test again?" She sounded unsure, even to her own ears she knew that she has never been unsure of anything in her life like this news that just struck her.

The Doctor relaxes back on his chair with a small chuckled. "I take you and your husband are not ready..."

"He doesn't know am here." She confessed voice full of regret. Another thing that she didn't think through before coming.

Maybe is because her thoughts have been all over the place as of late. She just came to their family hospital cause deep down she doesn't believe she is pregnant.

"I mean..." Layla tried to do some damage control after taking a deep breath. She needs to calm down. This is not the time for her to lose her cool and especially not today.
"I was bleeding all this while. I even bleed for this month."

She pointed out looking at him hopefully in the face. This had to be a mistake, it has too.

"Yeah is not uncommon..." The middle age man replied nonchalantly. "Your case is a special case is actually call cryptic pregnancy...is rear but is does happened. And most women wouldn't even know they're pregnant cause they don't get any symptoms until the 20th week."

Layla just nod her head hearing his explanation but clearly not convinced by it.

"I was planning to take you to our gyanicologies after this. With proper medication, this will be the last time you bleed then we can get a full scan by 12th week." He explained further.

Layla took a deep breath, flashing a week smile on her face.
"Alright..." She murmured. "But can we run the test again?"

"You don't mind the neadle. I remembered you screaming when your blood was taken earlier on." He joked which is half true cause she did cry out.

She smiled at his joke, knowing quite well why he cracks it cause she look anything but herself currently.
"Don't worry I will hold it."

"Ok..." He replied to her calmly as he got on his chair. Taking his way towards the door while Layla focus her eyes in front of her thinking what is her next cause of action.

The Dr stopped by the door as his eyes trail back to her. He has being their family doctor ever since her marriage to Abdulazeez, and her kindness made him to respect and have a soft spot for the lady.

He knew life has not being easy for her especially after the dead of her kid, but he thought she will be so happy to be able to conceived again only, he is getting a different reaction from her.

"A word of advice from this old guy..." His mouth automatically moved before he could reconsider and as Layla fixed her broken gaze on him, it made him continue with.

"This may not be what you want. Especially after all the tragidy you guys went through, but this maybe for the best. Don't fight it. Is a blessing from Allah." It was short and simple and Layla found herself appreciating his words of encouragement.