Euphoria

"Your staring again!" Sophie blurted while I blushed bright red, throwing a fry at her.

"I was just telling you" she said picking the fry out of her hair and eating it, earning an 'ew' from me. "Are you gonna ask him out?! I mean the Yule Ball was, what, three months ago? You've been oogling at him ever sense"

I scoffed "First off, I have not been 'oogling' over him! It's merely a small, tiny, itty bitty crush!! And second I don't plan to date, nor talk to marvel in the future!"

"I don't think you will have a choice, he's headed over here this second." she called.

"WHAT?!" I peaked over my should and sure enough there he was. I stood up abruptly.

"Eh- hello Lindsey." he smiled charmingly. I started to blush.

"Hi Marvel" I greeted, nodding my head quickly. He opened his mouth a couple times but words never came out, he smiled at me before walking away. Some of the boys he hung around called him things like 'wimp' and 'coward' playfully. I sat back down, playing with my food.

"Now that was pathetic." Sophie commented. I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever, I haven't even seen you and Blaise talk since the ball."

"It was a one time thing! I'm a halfblood, so according to his ideology I'm tainted. We could never be together, it's best to leave it at mutual flirting until I eventually start a relationship with someone else." She shrugged "Although it would be nice, in another world perhaps."

I gave her a weak smile "Sorry"

"Don't worry, really! Besides, I heard that there is a Gryffindor boy who likes me. I might give him a chance in the future if it presents itself to me." She smiled. "Say are you gonna go to the second task with me? It's in a couple days." She inquired.

"Second task? Oh yeah, sure. Where will it be held?" She looked at me before leaning towards me to whisper.

"Well, I overheard Diggory saying something about merfolk. So I imagine the Great Lake." She told me.

Later:

I felt terribly queasy, most likely seasickness. I clutched onto the rail in front of me overlooking the giant lake. "Woah Lin, if I'd known you had motion sickness I would have stayed at shore with you!" Sophie patted my back. "Maybe get away from the rail?" She pulled me towards the middle of the floating structure we, (and the rest of the students), were on.

I sat down, trying to get my seasickness under control. Before long, Sophie started smacking my head rapidly to get me to look. "Lindsey, look it's Harry, he got Ron, and that other girls sister!!" I stood up to see what she meant when I was nudged by someone. There was a mop of platinum blond hair. We met each others eyes for a split second, before purposely ignoring each other.

When we made it to shore, I practically lunged out of the boat, so very happy to be on solid ground again.

"So I take it you don't like water?" A voice asked. I turned to see two handsome hazel eyes looking at me.

"Oh- um, hello Marvel!" I blushed.

"So uh- sorry for being awkward a bit earlier, I guess I got a bit nervous." He rubbed the back of his head.

"I- it's fine, really. Why where you nervous?" I asked bashfully.

"Well, um..." He took in a breath. "I was wondering if you would wanna hang out, as maybe- more than friends?!" he rambled as I started vigorously nodding my head "I was thinking about the Yule bal- And your nodding your head, I'll take that as a good sign." He chuckled softly. "Ok, well um, I- I'll see you around." I smiled at him before turning around, quietly squealing.

"Did you just get asked out?!" Sophie looked at me, eyes wide. "Lindsey! Oh my Merlin! holy pumpkin juice! That's- I'm-" She paused before squealing, we linked arms in a giggling fit. "I can't believe it, I didn't think any boy would ask you out!" She said playfully.

I gasped "How incredibly rude of you." she started laughing. "I see how it is, fine then, levicorpes!" I spelled, making her float in the air.

"LINDSEY! I was joking, seriously put me down, Lindsey it's cold and I'm wearing a skirt!" She demanded, but slightly laughed. I put her down, and we bursted into a fit of laughter.

"Pathetic" A voice said behind me. I turned around to see Malfoy, he finally decided to act normal.

"Watch your mouth Malfoy, don't speak of her like that" Sophie spat. He smirked.

"I was talking about you, Robbingsworth, it's unfortunate, that Blaise decided to go to the Yule Ball with someone as pathetic as you, half blood." He sneered. I saw Sophie's face fall.

I opened my mouth to say something, but no words came out. "Leave them alone, Malfoy." Marvel came in front of me.

Draco eyed him, his goons behind him. "So Boris, got yourself a boyfriend do you." He laughed.

marvel spoke up again "So what if she does?" Dracos eyes widened. "Oh, so that's it! Your jealous."

"J-jealous, that's- that's ridiculous." His eyes widened. "How dare you even- imply- my father will be hearing about this!" he turned to leave before I spoke up.

"Do you make it your job to be the most foul man in the Wizarding World!?" I wasn't the only one in shock, Sophie stared at me with a smile plastered on her face. Malfoy turned around to say something, but then we met eyes. He faltered and turned around, striding away.

How is it even possible that- that 'unfortunate' boy could be Ferret. I almost felt bad, thinking about it I was his only real friend, and he was my only friend. But that's changed, I have Sophie and Marvel, and he continues to be a git on his own. I can't control that.