Gemini

My whole arm and torso stung, I was honestly lucky. What was in that potion?

Earlier that day...

Time for the worst class of the day. But on a high note, Draco's tutoring was paying off, I could understand what was happening and potions were fun! For the most part. I got up to hand one of my minor essay reports in, before starting my potion, when I heard bickering.

I had heard the bickering before, and honestly, it was weirdly comforting, it brought some life to this deadbeat class. "You're doing it wrong! You idiotic bumweasle!" The masculine voice argued. Making me giggle at the odd insult.

"I'm not doing it wrong! You are! Remember I was born with Mum's brain! And if I'm not a bumweasle, you snortyslime." The feminine voice shot back. I placed my essay on Professor Snapes desk as he groaned from the constant bickering he couldn't seem to do anything about. As I walked to my desk, I looked up at the pair. They were very similar looking, with long faces, frizzy dirty blond hair, and dark eyes. I made eye contact with the male, and that's when this whole accident happened.

When our eyes met he looked quite surprised, he let go of the potion he and the girl were arguing over. Doing this caused the girl to topple over, making the potion splash all over me. Immediately I could feel a cold sensation, as my skin started to swell up the slightest bit. I hissed slightly at the sudden pain that followed.

"Merlin Westley! Look what you did!" The girl said, leaning forward to look at my arm.

"Wasn't my fault! You just got man arms!" He spat.

"And you got the arms of a little girl!" She argued back, all while the pain got worse.

"Mister and Misses Johnson! Since you have failed to establish proper potions etiquette and have in turn injured another student, you will be responsible for not only bringing her to get medical attention, but also losing 100 points each from Ravenclaw, and two weeks' worth of detention!" Snape scolded. "Dismissed!"

At this point, I was pinching my thigh to slow down the pain in my arm and torso.

"Merlin Maisy! Look What you did!" The boy scolded.

"It was your fault!" The girl whispered.

"It was no one fault, ok? Please stop arguing for now at least," I begged.

They both hung their heads guilty. "Sorry by the way." The girl whispered bumping her brother roughly.

"Sorry!" He spits out hurriedly.

"I'm Maisy by the way!" The girl said cheerfully. "And that's my dumb twin brother Westley!" She pointed.

Annoyed by my stinging arm, I waved to the two of them. "Lindsey."

"We know!" she chirped "Don't we Westley" She bumped into her brother wiggling her eyebrow.

"Shut up!" He whispered, shoving her back.

"Make me," She said pulling her lower eyelid down and sticking her tongue out.

I got a nervous feeling from this. "How'd you know?" I asked.

"Well you see Westley here," She hooked her arm around Westlys shoulders, covering his mouth. "He's had quite the crush on you!"

This news surprised me, I looked back at the man who wiggled his way out of his twin's arm. "Maisy! What the heck!" He hit the back of her head lightly, then he looked at me, slightly blushing. "Had! Had a crush! Four years ago! Ok!" He walked away speeding ahead of me.

Contradictory to Westley's embarrassment, Maisey was laughing her head off. I awkwardly laughed along. "Don't mind lil old West, he's shy!" She whispered. "So your Malfoy's girlfriend aren't you?" She asked.

I laughed used to Sophie assuming this, till I saw Maisys serious face. "Oh uh no, I'm his study partner! I teach him Muggle Studies, he teaches me Potions!"

"Phew!" She sighed. As we walked it got awkward again.

"Phew?" I questioned, breaking the silence.

Her eyes got wide as she thought something in her head. "I mean cause uh Westley, you know and uh, uh... Fine. I secretly not so secretly like Malfoy." She laughed.

"Oh..." I said surprised. "Uhm well were uh here," I said stopping in front of the infirmary.

"Let me help you in!" Maisy insisted.

"No it's fine, you catch up with Westley," I told her. As she walked off I could hear her and her twin argue.

"Miss Boris! What happened to you dear??" Madam Pomfrey asked, concern in her voice. I pulled back my sleeve showing my swollen, red, and now hive-infested arm. "My oh my, what potion did this!" She asked.

"Not entirely sure myself, some Ravenclaw's in my class spilled it," I said.

Madam Pomfrey sat me down to examine my arm and lower torso. "What potion were you working on in class?"

"I can't fully remember," I told her, and winced as she applied a cold liquid to my arm.

"Very well, I'll have to ask snape." She grumbled. "Here, hold this here," She said, handing me what felt like a bag of ice. "It's not much but it'll help with the swelling for now."

Waiting in the infirmary I tapped my feet lightly on the floor. The ice was helping a bit, but it still stung badly. I suddenly heard footsteps. I turned towards the door, expecting Madam Pomfrey.

"Lindsey?" The blond stood there surprised.

"Oh, hello Your Majesty!" I said. His eyes traveled towards my disgusting-looking arm. "Potions accident," I told him.

"Huh." Is all he said.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, swinging my legs.

"The professor told me to be on the lookout for the supposed Dumbledore's army, you haven't seen anything suspicious have you?" He asked, looking very bored.

"I think I saw a mouse stealing some cheese earlier," I said sarcastically. "Draco it's the infirmary! I highly doubt anything suspicious would happen here." I rolled my eyes.

His eyebrows danced up and down as if to laugh, but his mouth stood in a still line. He pulled up a chair and sat on it backward, facing me. "What kind of potion did that?" He inquired.

"I'm not quite sure myself." I deadpanned as I tried to refrain from itching my painful arm. "But whatever it is-" I paused as the stinging got worse. "Is- literally-killing-me" as soon as the stinging reached its climax, that's when the numbness came in. It spread from my shoulder down to the tips of my fingers and my lower torso. "That's not right!" I said worriedly.

"What is it?" Draco jumped up.

"I can't feel my arm!" I felt light-headed, probably from the adrenaline of my anxiety. "That's definitely not right!" I slumped over, this was more than anxiety! I- what's- going... on. I passed out.