Ch. 3: Making Changes

Y/N POV

I wake up the morning after that moment I had at the bar, head pounding, but I'm prepared, with pain relievers next to my bed.

I'm on my damn floor, in the bathroom.

I wake up even more form a buzz from Cait.

Cait: u broke ur record man, cant believe u

Y/N: What? I beat 16?

Cait: Naw, that wasn't 16 beers tho, that was 16 full glasses, straight, of fucking bourbon. If you don't stop, your liver is going to quit on you.

Y/N: 16?!

SIXTEEN?! Oh fuck... that's why...

Cait: We arent going to the bar anymore, big fella, no sir. Even Braum FUCKING BRAUM agrees that you should stop, in fact hes on his way right now.

Y/N: 4 what?

Cait: Some sense smackin, ok i gotta run, you startled Vi last night with your drunken stubbornness.

Y/N: I don't even remember Vi...

Cait: Thats because you called her a skank and tried to make out with her about an hour later, you need serious help.

Y/N: Nah.

Cait: Well, thats not me to decide, but that is for a hulking bartender that will make u sign up for AA

Y/N: Nah.

I hear stampeding towards me door.

I drop my phone and shoot up from the floor, but my gut is curdling.

Fucking... halting... my... performance...

I fall and roll into the bathroom as Braum pounds on my door.

Braum muffled: Y/N, friend! Brother, we need to talk!

After I puke out some chunks, I unlock the door and-

*DOOR SLAM! THUD!*

I get knocked on my ass, and all I do is just rub the vomit off my mouth.

Braum: Ah, there you are, my boy.

Y/N: Ugh...

Braum: We need to talk.

Y/N: I figured...

Braum literally picks me up, setting me on my feet and taking me to my seating area.

A couch, right next to kitchen, with a tv on a table.

Braum: I'm sure uhh... Cait told you I was coming.

Y/N: She did, a little last minute, but still. Here you tell me that "I have a problem"?

Sarcastic tone, just to hit him with it.

Braum: No, I'm here to talk to you about back then. I'm here to talk to you about the root of your problems.

Y/N: How do you know of the root of my problems?

Braum: I want you to consider the flashbacks, the memories you see, you need closure.

Y/N: No, what I need is a drink, to help numb the pain I feel every night. You know how many people you had me kill? Some even my own guys!

Braum: You need to get with the times, you insecure fuck!

Braum... swore?

Braum: I'M WORRIED ABOUT YOU!!! YES, YOU ARE MY NUMBER ONE CUSTOMER, BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU GET TO DRINK TILL YOU FUCKING CROAK!!! You are an officer, people rely on you for their safety. You took down Sylas with Caitlyn, who, well, thanks to some of my associates, was a pretty bad egg!