Epil. 3: Discovery

Eventually I wake up this morning and grab my journal; it's been about a couple years of progress since I last documented.

2025

To start, I love my assistant, Sarah, she's simply amazing. If you thought something between Ahri and I would flourish, you're wrong. Not only is Ahri not my type, she belongs to Y/N, and uhhh... taking advantage of someone's potential fiance after they died... is a real dick move.

That goes for any one of them. I already lack morals, I'm testing shit on the damned man himself, in hopes that... some day... he'll walk this green Runeterra again...

Sarah and I still haven't been able to live together, but I'm hoping to make that change today. Same with... getting the fox off my back.

After a quick breakfast, I head out the door, I figure I'll take the R8 out today, since it's a beautiful day so I could let the top down.

*SUPER CAR GO BRRRRR!*

I park in the spot behind Akali's bike, sighing as I look at the plaque out front. Alright... I'm sorry Ahri, you're a nice girl and all, but I don't like you, simple, right? As soon as I walk in, the demon is there to greet me. 

Eve: Jayce! So happy of you to join us! Ahri is just upstairs...

Jayce: I think... I need to let you in on a secret I've been keeping for a while. 

She can already tell it's something bad, something also tells me that she knows exactly what it is. 

Eve: You don't.... actually... like her... do you? 

Jayce: As a friend, sure, and a colleague for her revolutionary clothing line, but I love Sarah, I'm... hoping to ask her to move in with me. 

Eve: She's been mustering up the courage to tell you how she felt all this time, and you didn't shut her down?! Even a month ago would've been sufficient! 

Her tails pop out, sharpening themselves at my nervous expression. Tread... very... lightly...

Jayce: I-I know, I'm kicking my own ass every day because of it. She doesn't deserve this leading on, you can see now that I wouldn't be a good fit for her. I'm... 

Eve: Say it...

Jayce: I'm... I'm not him...

Eve: Mmmm... yes... you aren't. Bold of you to assume you could swoop in and take his Ahri. 

Jayce: Bold of you to assume I wanted to date someone like her, let alone any of you! 

I scoff at her at walk to the elevator. 

Eve: Well, s-stay jealous! 

Jayce: Hah! Right!

Does... does she know I can bring Y/N back to life? Well, I can't, but... I feel myself getting closer and closer every day. 

The team spent the last few months doing surgery on the poor guy. They fixed the bullet wounds but started applying the artificial nerve endings, and a neural implant in his brain to control them. 

They want to keep going though... and I'm worried we'll turn him into a monster... they wanted to put the polycarbonate mesh plating on his hands and feet to make him more durable, I said no. They wanted to put in the advanced retinas to make him see bullet trajectory in real time, or see through walls on cue, I also voted no. 

This man IS NOT a super soldier or some mercenary! He's my friend... but I'm worried these implants are what we might need to keep him alive... you can see how I'm torn.