Ch. 39: Hextech Weaponry

Medarda: Jayce...

*GAVEL SMACKING!*

Jayce is busy messing with his assistant, some cute redhead.

Medarda: JAYCE, PLEASE!!! Can I please have your attention, can we pick up where we left off?!

Jayce: Yes, dear?!

Half the court room laughs, me included. This guy can be an ass and nobody will bat an eye, he's marketing the next technological revolution, so I guess it's fair.

Now I wonder what Darius wants... considering he's one of Piltover's military allies and reputable defense contractors.

Medarda: Do you, or do you not possess specialized weaponry? 

Jayce: No, I do not. 

Medarda: You do not? 

Jayce: What weaponry are you referring to? 

Medarda: The hammer weapon, and many other of the Hextech experiments used to augment and/or enhance the great people of Runeterra.

Y/N whispers: Hammer? 

Cait whispers: He created a shockwave hammer and right now he's fixing the power source problem... yeah, it could be dangerous if not in the right hands...

We tune back into the court setting. 

Jayce: That's not how I would describe them. 

Medarda: How would you describe it? 

Jayce: It's... more high-tech prosthetics. 

A few people snicker, mostly the other generals and guards. 

Jayce: That's actually the most apt description I can make of it.

Medarda: It's a weapon, Mr. Jayce. 

Jayce: Nuh-uh. See-

Medarda: No you-

Jayce: If your priority was actually the well-being of the Piltovian, or even the Runeterran citizen-

Medarda: My priority... is to get the Hammer weapon and all variations of Hextech turned over to the people of the United Runeterran Nations. 

United Runeterran Nations... haven't heard that name in a while, is a collective of all nations that are at peace with one another. Right now, everyone's skittish, but they still all tolerate each other. 

Jayce: Well, you can forget it. I am the defender of tomorrow, and the reason why Piltover is the city of progesss, my work and I are... one. To turn over my life's work would be to turn over myself, which is... tantamount to indentured servitude or prostitution depending on what region you're in. 

Cait and I both giggle, then look at each other, nodding. I mean... yeah, he is right. People laugh with us...

Jayce: So, no, you can't have it. 

Medarda: ORDER!!! Now, I'm no expert... 

Jayce: Of course not, you're a damn representative of defense! I mean, come on...

They all laugh again, then the frustrated judge smacks his gavel-

*SMACK! SMACK! SMACK!*

Medarda: I'm no expert in weapons, but however this man is, I would now like to call General Darius, our current primary weapons contractor, a mind that's set on the safety of our people. 

Jayce: Now, let the record reflect that I observed Darius when entering the chamber, and I wonder when an ACTUAL expert will also be in attendance. 

Darius adjusts himself in his chair and looks over at Jayce, smirking like an evil dictator.